Justoid is offline Associate Member

The scars left from surgery

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help- i got surgery for my gyno about 3 months ago however the scars are still very noticeable directly under both my nipples, bigger than i thought, i often have to use make up to try and conceal them and when people do notice i just say i got ligament removed because i ripped my pecs. I was wondering if anyone knew of any treatments or anything to reduce the scar or in fact the redness of them. Cheers bros
    ps sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, was not able to find a search button in this lounge

flexin-rph is offline Member
    You can purchase a cream called Mederma at most pharmacies for around $15.
    While it won't get rid of the scar completely, it should reduce the redness.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    First, did you get a board certified plastic surgeon to do the surgery? And what did he say about the scars? Are the scars kind of thick and rope-like?

Generally scar tissue can take up to 1 yr to really diminish in most cases but different people have different reactions and some people scar up really easily. 3 months is not really long enough to be concerned yet, it's likely they will fade significantly in the next year or so.

ye he was a certified surgeon- to be honest by his own admission he was more used to dealing with females on a daily basis removing lumps and tissues for breast cancer etc and having only done 1 or 2 males with gyno. He is a friend of another surgeon i know well so it was done free of charge and quick too. He said the scars will fade and become less noticeable as time goes on but like you said three months aint that long. However i play a lot of sports which means changing in front of the boys all the time and as the season is about to start (they dont know i had this surgery) up again they will notice them so was looking for something quick smart to try and reduce them and make them less noticeable.

johnny1234 is offline Associate Member
    how bad did that surgery hurt, bc i am getting it done in a month , he is removing the gland and doin lipo. my doc said that there will be a scar and it will fade in a year. also when the doctor removes the gland, can it ever come back gyno, when taking steroids again .
    did you have to wear a vest bc i have to.

the surgery was actually not too bad- i went in the night before, got the surgery in the morning and after the surgery i woke up groggy as would be expected but they also had drains on each pec they stayed in while i was in hospital for the next full day- i did not have to wear any vests or garments after the surgery, the most awkward part was the drains but as i was in hospital the only people that got to see them were me and the docs! three months on i am very happy with the results only problem being the visible scars which i am going to use the creams suggested and start tanning- to avoid any brusing or soreness bro stay well clear from any heavy physical activity or weights for about 8-10 weeks to allow it to completely heal.
    best of luck- any more questions shoot me a pm

any advice before i do so i ll be prepared for afterwards. i have to wear a vest which sucks. when does the swelling go down and the pain goes away after surgery? if i do steroids again will gyno come back since he is removin the gland,.? is it noticeable when u are wearing a shirt with the vest , can people see the vest. i was plaaning on goin ona cruise after my surgery about a week and half afterwards , it would be a mistake if i went dont you think>? bc i would be in pain a week later.

as i said bro i didint wear the vest so i cant answer your question- as for the glands being removed, if this is so then you will never get gyno again- the swelling usually goes down quite significantly after about 10 days- id say go on the cruise and just completely chill out- no lifting whatsoever or anything strenous!, if wearing the vest is going to be a problem on the cruise ie if you wanna take your shirt off then maybe just put two large band aids over your nipples or plasters over your wound- if anyone asks tell them you ripped your pec muscles and **** off and mind his own business.

also does anyone know if you can use two creams on the scar ie scar zone and mederma?
    Last edited by Justoid; 06-26-2004 at 02:16 PM.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i forget who makes it but there is this new patch that just came out that you can get to put over your scars to help remove them. I really dont know too much about it but i saw the stuff the other day at the pharmacy.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

the doc said i remove my stitches at 10 days, but the pain after the surgery is not bad , howlong until the recovery when you had it, . i think there is no point goin on a cruise because you cant go swimmin, i dont know, hopefully it wont hurt,. also have you used steroids after gyno surgery, my question is if i was to take steroids again would gyno come back,. using like test steroid . ..

i have waited four months and am now back on, if you got your glands removed bro then there is no chance you will get gyno again but i am still running nolva throughout (just because i am in the habit of doing it and it works well against the bloating)
    Last edited by Justoid; 06-27-2004 at 06:05 AM.

so what your sayin is that if the doc removes the glands from gyno and in 4 months from now , i take test enthanate and i decided to take no nolva throughout, that i will not get gyno., after the end of my cycle my pecs will be alrite.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    you can use mederma wich takes a while to work but it will help, the other option is lazer scar removal! costs more-works better! could be very painful in that are of your body too!

Yes. If the glands are completely removed then you will not get gyno again- no need for nolva

so in no way will my pecs look like breasts if i do decide to use steroids later down the road. what will happen unstead forming into breast, they will be more solid look??

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    did the surgeon do a good job removing the entire gland? i heard some people complain about their nipples caving inwards after that procedue,

he hasnt perform it yet, do you think i should ask him about that, i just want my pecs to look okay and not look funny anymore,

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If you have any questions be sure to ask your surgeon, that's a part of what you are paying him for.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1234
    he hasnt perform it yet, do you think i should ask him about that, i just want my pecs to look okay and not look funny anymore,

Thread Information