Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Strech Marks!!! HELP !!!

Does anybody know why or how they occur and is there a way to make them dissappear

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic, resilient middle layer that allows skin to retain its shape. If stretch marks formed on the skin's surface, they'd be much easier to treat. When the dermis is constantly stretched over time, the skin becomes less elastic and the connective fibers break. If caught in the early stages, stretch marks can be minimized with over-the-counter moisturizing creams. Vitamin E oil, which assists in general skin healing and condition, can reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Vitamin A is also a good emollient, but it's not as effective as its chemically created cousin, tretinoin, or Retin-A, which attaches itself to a receptor on the skin cells to help exfoliate the skin and form healthy new cells. Though these creams are effective in moisturizing the outer skin layer, they can't always penetrate deep into the dermis where stretch marks occur (and they can't completely change a pre-existing skin condition which is why they work best on stretch marks that are just forming).

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Also, tanning will help make them less visible.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Although there is no medial proof of any of the methods below, however, I have listed some that people I know swear by after having strech marks from giving birth:

- Vitamin E & Cocoa Butter
    - Aloe Vera
    - Vitamin K Creams

I have also heard MSM, but not really sure on that, as I have never used it or know anyone who has used it for strech marks.

I personally have had good results with Vitamin K Creams, expecially if used early enough. I have also see Vitamin K helps scars (including acne) and brusies go away quicker.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I used to get them on my dick, but coco butter works miracles.

Woo Woo

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    coconut oil works well, lots of great rejuvenating properties such as lauric acids

cb

Thread Information