LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Lazer Hair Removal....

Ok....

Who's had it? Experiences w/ it? Did it work for you?

I know I am not the only one who is sick of shaving body hair, and I actually went about a year ago to get lazer hair removal done on my chest/abs because I am extremely prone to ingrown hairs no matter what method of hair removal I use in this area. I have tried waxing (works better than shaving but still produces ingrowns) and I also shave. When I went a year ago for lazer, I only went twice because I got fed up after the 2nd treatment when all my hair grew back in and very little was removed. I am thinking about doing it again, but with a doctor this time and a different lazer. According to most places I am a perfect canidate sinec I have dark hair, and it is darker than my surrounding skin. Anyone else consider doing it??

I might also get the bottom part of my neck done as I get terrible razor burn no matter what kind of razor I use or shaving cream.... I usually shave every other day etc.... in the shower as well but nothing helps so I am considering the bottom of the neck as well. Anyone else every think about doing it or had it done?

<<LMO>>

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Hommie used it, all his back hair was gone for like a summer. But is it back.

Yea i heard you still have to go back atleast once a year for a touch up or something, especially at my age since I still have such high hormone / test levels.

<<LMO>>

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I think 6 "treatments" are needed, more bullshi.t ways for them to take our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    I think 6 "treatments" are needed, more bullshi.t ways for them to take our money.

Yea.... I was impatient plus it was summer time so I said fock it and wanted to get waxed since it last longer and is smooth etc.... so I quit. But now I am back to shaving and I am considering doing it. I hate focking w/ my chest hair. I have a little peach fuzz on my back, but it is barely noticeable. My chest is like a forest lol... **** Italian genes

<<LMO>>

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    one of my coworkers had it, it works great....and yes you do have to go back several times...not because they are trying to rip you off, but because hair has different growth cycles...there's the resting, growing and shedding...if the hair has been recently shed there is nothing to attract the laser to that follicle to kill it...the laser is attracted to the darkness of the hair, heats it up very quickly and kills the follicle..so to maintain a smooth surface you do have to go back several times to catch all the different growth cycles

Act of God is offline Member
    I'd love to get that done....eyebrows, chest, neck, hell everywhere but my eyelashes and head.

There is no need for body hair

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyel5
    one of my coworkers had it, it works great....and yes you do have to go back several times...not because they are trying to rip you off, but because hair has different growth cycles...there's the resting, growing and shedding...if the hair has been recently shed there is nothing to attract the laser to that follicle to kill it...the laser is attracted to the darkness of the hair, heats it up very quickly and kills the follicle..so to maintain a smooth surface you do have to go back several times to catch all the different growth cycles
    Awesome explanation, thank you much for that.

~SC~

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Most lazer hair removal works best on individuals with light skin and dark hair. If u have darker skin then u need to be careful using this procedure. I had ingrown hairs and horrible razor burn on my neck under my chin so i got lazer hair removal there, i got 5-sessions, one every 5weeks, the hair has completley dissapeared!!! shaving is so easy when its just the sides and chin now!! The procedure does burn though, the pulses sting hard and u need to put aloe-vera and conditioners/moisturizers for a few days afterwards.
    There is another procedure wich is almost painless and safer called intense-light something, i havent found many states that offer it though.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Man, I want to get it done real bad too. Just back and shoulders though.

Can someone shed some light on the average prices they charge?

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    I have had laser hair removal in several areas and all I can say is I love it and would recommend it to anyone. As others have said, it does take several sessions, you have to wait 6-8 weeks bw sessions, it is painful and will not remove 100% of the hair. That being said, whatever hair may be left is really just a little peach fuzz and is barely noticible. Prices vary. I'm paying $300 a session for underarms and full brazilian but that's half the price as I am getting a deal. Normally you're looking at about $300-$500/session for larger body parts, $150-$300 for smaller body parts.

Terinox - I live in Toronto, I can give you the name and number of the girl who does mine for cheap if you want to PM me

I have had 3 sessions myself and am taking a break right now for the summer as I want to tan and you can't really get it done when your tan. So far my results have been awesome but will probably need 2-3 more sessions.

Be patient....it is definitely worth it. A little pain now but you're looking at the rest of your life with no maintenance!
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 07-25-2004 at 12:09 AM.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    im getting my chest done very soon. There is a place here in dallas that is offering 50% right now. SOunds like a good deal to me

Thread Information