Thread: fact or fiction

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member

fact or fiction

Im thinking about shaving my arms. however, after my forearms the hair is very light. Ive heard that shaving light colored hair will result in darker colored hair. Is this true?

I dont post in this section much so if this question has been asked. sorry

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have never herd of that ****. why even worry about it? You going to style up your arms hairs later?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    good question... but i don't have that problem. my arm hair's light colored

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    its the same for most people , the forearm hair is darker and then gets lighter and finer to non exsistent as u go up the tricep. I was worried when i shaved my arms the first time, but u have to understand that once u shave then the hair will grow out, so shaving becomes a commitment, but the hair will not grow out thicker or darker, that is a myth!!! the reason hair APPEARS to grow darker and thicker after u shave it is because the hair follicle is thickes at the base near the skin, when u shave it you expose the thickest part of the hair!! if u wait for it to grow out again it will return to the normal thickness before u shaved it!! Take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    i have never herd of that ****. why even worry about it? You going to style up your arms hairs later?
    was that supposed to be funny? if it was here Ill laugh for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchtime
    was that supposed to be funny? if it was here Ill laugh for you...
    not trying to be funny but WTF are you even worrying about? Kind of metrosexual IMO
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Im thinking about shaving my arms. however, after my forearms the hair is very light. Ive heard that shaving light colored hair will result in darker colored hair. Is this true?

I dont post in this section much so if this question has been asked. sorry

where in this do you see the word worried? im looking and looking and I still dont see it.

where in this do you see the word worried? im looking and looking and I still dont see it.
    you made a thread about a pointless issue didnt you? just shave your arms now and be done with it
    abstrack@protonmail.com

asking if hair grows back darker is a pointless thread? omg look at your post count... you must know since you have so many posts. My bad threadmaster. Ill make sure to not post anything you might think is pointless

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    it is a legitament thread, many people think if u shave hair it grows back thicker but that is not true, you could speed the growth process if you shave more and more over the years, but it wont be thicker or darker, like i mentioned before the only reason peple think it is thicker and darker is because they look at the hair after shaving it and they are looking at the surface base of the follicle which is the thickest part fo the hair follice, let it grow back and it will eb the same thickness as before. I shave my arms and the hair is the same thickness a sit was 4years ago, even the lighter hair on the tricep is still the same thickness

asking if hair grows back darker is a pointless thread? omg look at your post count... you must know since you have so many posts. My bad threadmaster. Ill make sure to not post anything you might think is pointless

yeah look at my post count! it's all about the post count and dont forget the title threadmaster? humm thats a good one, maybe I will use that for a custom title fair enough, now go shave you arms and stop crying about it.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    it is a legitament thread, many people think if u shave hair it grows back thicker but that is not true, you could speed the growth process if you shave more and more over the years, but it wont be thicker or darker, like i mentioned before the only reason peple think it is thicker and darker is because they look at the hair after shaving it and they are looking at the surface base of the follicle which is the thickest part fo the hair follice, let it grow back and it will eb the same thickness as before. I shave my arms and the hair is the same thickness a sit was 4years ago, even the lighter hair on the tricep is still the same thickness
    yeah, i was thinking if you shave you hair all year long then let it grow back; you could come back looking like chewbaka or a yeti when the hair grew back. thanks for clearing up my misconception
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Like Kae said, total myth.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yeah look at my post count! it's all about the post count and dont forget the title threadmaster? humm thats a good one, maybe I will use that for a custom title fair enough, now go shave you arms and stop crying about it.
    now im crying about too?

thanks to all who helped and didn't give a smart ass reply. thanks for helping a metrosexual out

Thread Information