Thread: Varicose Veins

slizzut is offline Senior Member

Varicose Veins

I'm unlucky enough to have inheritted(sp?) from my father. Hes not over weight in the slightest bit, hes a marathon runner, he did 6 this past year. Anyways I have them on my right thigh but I don't have any of the symptoms of a person with vericose veins, i.e. they are red at the base, leg feels sore and heavy at the end of the day, and they hurt when you touch them. So since i don't have any of these symptons the doctor won't remove them. I could have laser surgery but thats f*ckin expensive and insurance does not cover it. My question to the wise ones out ther (Doc M ) is: is there anything I can do to try and get rid of them? They're ugly as f*ck

flexin-rph is offline Member
    I actully posted this same thread about a month ago & didn't receive much feed back.
    I'm getting ready to have mine chemically stripped in a month or so....fortunately my
    insurance is going to cover most of mine. About the only other thing you can do
    is get some compression hose to help with the swelling & take anti-inflammatories
    (ibuprofen/naproxen). Please feel free to PM me with any further question.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I just found this website.. very interesting stuff:

http://www.veinerase.com/#avv

Thread Information