Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slizzut is offline Senior Member

Tanning: How many days/week to reach maximum color?

I'm lucky enough to tan very easily, rarely burn if at all however I can never get rid of my **** farmers tan from being outside and working all day. My question is how many days a week do u guys go in order to reach maximum color and do u increase the power of the bed u go on? Any detail/info is appreciated, thanks.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i know here in europe they have alot stronger beds, i usually lay in a 6000w (make sure there not new bulbs,,ouch!!) for 17-18 minutes 2-3 times a week and i stay pretty tan .

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    if i haven't tanned all winter, i start with a month unlimited and will usually go about three sessions per week in a conventional bed. this is usually a nice enough tan, not too dark looking. but after about two weeks or so, if you want you should be ready to step it up to a turbo bed if you like. it takes 10-14 days for your merkel cells to surface if you haven't been exposed to u.v. rays (they are responsible for color along with melatonin). so after two weeks you can go for the big tan.

thanks for the info, mikey

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    btw, nice username slizzut

haha thank u

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    kind of depends, like you said, you tan very easily. I am a slow tanner and when i havent gone all winter, i get a month unlimited and try to make it 5-6 times a week.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I'm lucky enough to tan very easily, rarely burn if at all however I can never get rid of my **** farmers tan from being outside and working all day. My question is how many days a week do u guys go in order to reach maximum color and do u increase the power of the bed u go on? Any detail/info is appreciated, thanks.

Maximum color?? What is "maximum" color? If you have a farmers tan, you wont match it with a tanning bed. You can tan in a bed all summer and you will STILL have the farmers tan. You need to match it by taking your shirt off outside. It will look like it matches when you get out of the bed but the next day, you will once again see the tan lines.

The lame desperate attempt you can try if you cant go outside without a shirt is to put sun block on your arms while outside. Put sunblock on your arms while in the tanning bed and put lotion on just the area that needs it.
    Waste of time if you ask me. Go lay out in the sun.

Maximum color?? What is "maximum" color? If you have a farmers tan, you wont match it with a tanning bed. You can tan in a bed all summer and you will STILL have the farmers tan. You need to match it by taking your shirt off outside. It will look like it matches when you get out of the bed but the next day, you will once again see the tan lines.

The lame desperate attempt you can try if you cant go outside without a shirt is to put sun block on your arms while outside. Put sunblock on your arms while in the tanning bed and put lotion on just the area that needs it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information