Thread: Chest Wax

nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member

Chest Wax

this seems as good a place as any to post this

whats everyones opinions on waxing your chest, as you can see from the pics im a bit hairy.

i have a few questions

1) will it grow back thicker
    2) when it is growing back will it irritate me much
    3)how quick does it roughtly take to grow back

my girlfriend has offered to wax my front and back, most of the hair is on my front.

im not bothered about the pain. i am sorry about the beer belly on my pic LOL

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey

whats everyones opinions on waxing your chest, as you can see from the pics im a bit hairy.

i have a few questions

my girlfriend has offered to wax my front and back, most of the hair is on my front.

I get my chest/back waxed and it is MUCH better than shaving it IMO. It lasts for me about 3-4 weeks, and the hair comes back soft and finer. It doesn't really thin out that much as people say (it is a myth) but it will hurt on your chest. Be prepared for the pain lol. Make sure you exfoliate your skin with a loofah afterwards or you WILL get ingrown hairs. As for the back it is painless, lasts about the same ammount of time of not longer. The only thing with the back you gotta be weary of is acne. Make sure you wash your back really good and take a couple showers a day.

<<LMO>>

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    Do you have a pair of buzzclippers? I'm not very hairy so after i buzzclip it, you can hardly even see that I have anything there.

Is waxing your only option?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey

i have a few questions

nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pspcs83
    Do you have a pair of buzzclippers? I'm not very hairy so after i buzzclip it, you can hardly even see that I have anything there.

Is waxing your only option?
    as you can tell by the pics think it is my only option

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I get my chest/back waxed and it is MUCH better than shaving it IMO. It lasts for me about 3-4 weeks, and the hair comes back soft and finer. It doesn't really thin out that much as people say (it is a myth) but it will hurt on your chest. Be prepared for the pain lol. Make sure you exfoliate your skin with a loofah afterwards or you WILL get ingrown hairs. As for the back it is painless, lasts about the same ammount of time of not longer. The only thing with the back you gotta be weary of is acne. Make sure you wash your back really good and take a couple showers a day.

<<LMO>>

Hey LMO. I have been thinging about getting this done myself. Do you do it yourself or pay to get it done? If so, how much does it cost?? Thanks Bro!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Hey LMO. I have been thinging about getting this done myself. Do you do it yourself or pay to get it done? If so, how much does it cost?? Thanks Bro!

I get it done by a friend of my mom's. She is an estitician at a spa and does it for a living. She does it at her house for me for my whole upper body she charges me $40 I got the mad hook up lol. She will do my arms, chest, abs, and back for that price. That is EXTREMELY cheap. Most spas would charge you like $200 to do all that

<<LMO>>

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I get it done by a friend of my mom's. She is an estitician at a spa and does it for a living. She does it at her house for me for my whole upper body she charges me $40 I got the mad hook up lol. She will do my arms, chest, abs, and back for that price. That is EXTREMELY cheap. Most spas would charge you like $200 to do all that

<<LMO>>
    **** that sucks!!!!!

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    dang... wish I had a hook up like that.. Im thinking about nairing my chest

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I'm one hairy mo-fo and i would love the relief of no hair for a few weeks, but it would kill me in pain to have it done...the chest area is so tender it would just kill!!! i'll stick to nair man.

As for the original question, shaving/waxing/deplitory methods will all make your hair grow back, and continue growing at some rate, but dont believe the rumor that hair will grow back thicker/darker/coarser..thats not true...the reason people think shaved hair grew back thicker is because your hair follicules are thickest at the base by th skin, so when you shave you expose the thickest part of the hair..wich makes you think its grown back thicker...give it time to grow and you'll see its the same thickness as it was before.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I'm one hairy mo-fo and i would love the relief of no hair for a few weeks, but it would kill me in pain to have it done...the chest area is so tender it would just kill!!! i'll stick to nair man.

As for the original question, shaving/waxing/deplitory methods will all make your hair grow back, and continue growing at some rate, but dont believe the rumor that hair will grow back thicker/darker/coarser..thats not true...the reason people think shaved hair grew back thicker is because your hair follicules are thickest at the base by th skin, so when you shave you expose the thickest part of the hair..wich makes you think its grown back thicker...give it time to grow and you'll see its the same thickness as it was before.

biggnik56 is offline Associate Member
    I waxed my legs once. OUCH!!!! It hurt like hell. I will never do it again. lol!

Thread Information