Thread: absess

morfeuss is offline Junior Member

absess

hya.i had got an absess just below my coxis , followed by the surgery, but recently it healed but as i started to squat and it opened up...i think superficially...is there any thing i may apply on the hole to make heal faster and make the skin round it become more elastic and soft...
    im taking zinc and applying vaseline on it?
    and any info on whether i should stop training ro continue inspite that it has opened once more superficially?

thnx

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Perhaps a triple antibiotic creme, keep it covered all day and clean it off at night and let it dry up a little. How big is the hole? how long and deep etc...

now its not big, its 1 cm diameter and 5 mm deep...

but the poeration home was nearly 10 cm long and 3.5 cm deep....and it was left open,

ill try the antibiotic cream

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Bro...first of all, I'm not quite sure what a coxis is but from the sound of your incision description it seems like the cut was fairly significant. Did they cut through any muscle tissue for the surgery? And how long has it been since the surgery?

If a reopening occurs, the muscle tissue is much more likely to re-open than the skin tissue. The muscle takes a longer time to heal to a functional level than the fairly quick healing epiderm layer (seeing that the muscle is a motile-working tissue in the body). Chances are if there is reopening on the surface then there is in the muscle sutures as well. In this case you should see your doctor immediately.

If the abscess was just below the skin surface and it was only necessary to operate just below the skin layer then you should be fine...just treat it as you would any other wound...if reopening becomes too much a problem have it stitched.

Either way consult with your surgeon. Keep us updated.

yea

well i suppose it should have been cut through a muscle as it was quite deep. but i dont know if theres muscles in that particular place, the coxis is just up the ass canal..... it has re opened 3 times.... and each time i did some full squats, hehe, i live on squats...
    lastly it seemed to be healed completely but the skin was of different colour...then it opened..but not during my workout, afterwards.
    ive got an anticeptic cream , it says quick healing as it contains some zinc, may i apply that?
    and in my case im in mauritius and unfortunately i dont have a surgeon who may help me on the sport side, i had that operation in the public hospital here, and theres no surgeon to get in touch with in the hospital, im in the national weightlifting team here and the sport doctor here im sure he will not be able to help me a bit.... theres 1 doc for all the athletes in the country...

so i may say to everyone who have hairs in the ass, get shaved every 3 weeks.

Thread Information