Bob Balco is offline Banned

Sauna and green tea

Here is something you might want to try if you get the results i have. During my work outs I drink green tea. Just take the tea bags and put them into a bottle of water. After my work outs I sit in the dry sauna for 15 mins while still drinking green tea. Everyone calls me crazy but man the results I get are outstanding as far as vascularity and skin texture. I dont know if the green tea speeds up the antiox process that sitting in the sauna offers but man do i feel and look great after wards. I am only 28 but on more than one occasion I have been asked if I have been getting facial treatments at a spa. I am also conviced this has helped me break a plateau as far as natural fat buring. I know this might now work for everyone and I dont know the potential dangers other than dehdration so use your own judgement. Here is the recipe that really has worked for me.

30 mins before work out- start drinking green tea and take a double dose of vitamin E.

Continue to drink tea during work out. I myself like to mix two green tea bags in a gatoraid bottle with a little gatoraid and water to hinder the tatse. I then continue to fill the bottle with the tea bags in it with water as work out goes on.

After work out I go into sauna for 15 mins. I only do this 4 times per week. I believe the double dose of vit E prior to this really works from the inside out. I can sometimes tatse the vit E oil coming through my pores. You can also break the vitamin E gel tabs open and put the vit oil on any problem reas you might have as far as wrinkles and stretch marks.

I have only been doing this for 5-6 weeks and have dropped my bodyfat from 13% down to 10%. I have followed the same diet and routine and feel this really helped me overcome a fat burning plateau. My skin gets compliments from chicks and my pumps are also noticalbly better providing i stay hydrated.

Soemone give it a try and maybe you can add something or come up with a more specific routine for this. I swear this has worked well for me.

ttuPrincess Guest
    I agree with the green tea.. I have been drinking it as well..

i wish i could stand to sit in the sauna.. but I cant.. it irritates me after abuot 2 mins

Ya no doubt. It was tough for me to sit in the sauna at first. I built up from 5 mins to comfortable at 15 mins. It wasnt until I started to get used to the sauna that i started to see some good results in recovery and vascularity. This was around the 2nd week. I have just been buying avg green tea from a supermarket. Anyone in here have anyy suggestions on a good type of green tea? anyone in here ever try the green tea in the pill form?

ttuPrincess Guest
    i drink the lipton kind

worldknown is offline Banned
    the arizona ice tea kind

ya the only thing with the Arizona ice tea kind is the insane amounts of sugar. I think they just mix in a little green tean with the sugar and water.

ttuPrincess Guest
    i just found that lipton has flavored green tea.. I just got it and am gonna make some tomorrow

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting...

I'll definately be giving this a try. Thanks for the info bro.

Yes lipton does have flavored green tea. I got a box of green tea with real mint and it tastes decent plus has the added benefits of the mint. I forget the company name. I really need to start looking into the green tea pills. I am going to pick some up this weekend at GNC and i will tell you all how that goes. Maybe my body justs responds well but since employing this routine just 4 times per week for about 6 weeks i have seen veins I never thought I had and the few veins I did have look like they increased in size. I am not on a cycle right now or anything. I have taken clen , ECA, etc. and nothing has worked this well for me. I really wish I could find info as to why this is working for me. All i find is the basic stuff about potential benefits of saunas and dangersous of saunas. If anyone has any info about any of this or has tried something like this please let me know. Thank you

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    I take green tea in pill form, purchased at Wal-Mart for like 3.50 a bottle (60 caps). I recently added the tea to my other supliments ie: flax oil, vit E, lecithin, etc.
    I concur with Bob in the fact that Arizona and Lipton are not good if they are the sweetend bottled kind. There are way to many liberal uses of high fructose corn syrup in our tainted American diets. Green tea is a great way to boost the metabolism.
    I am also a HUGE fan of the sauna. I hit it after I have suplimented for the day, and a half an hour before my workout. It helps to loosen the muscles, and relax the joints. As you mentioned, Bob, I too have very great skin!

Thanks for that info doctorcc. Do you notice any energy boost from the green tean pills? I like to take all my amino acid supplements and multi-vitamins after the sauna. Only vit E before sauna. This is just so I am not wasting $ sweating out glutamine and other supps like that. I dont know how much the sauna would effect the absorbtion of certain minerals and aminos but just to be safe i only take them afterwards.

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    I sure do notice the difference taking green tea. I also suppliment with Ginsing... I'm all about the natural remedies. The lift is waaaay better than a short term pick me up like coffee. I'm preparing to do a write up on cleanses that would not only improve energy, but remove toxicities in the body. Stay tuned....

Hey man looking forward to your write up on that subject.

crimson55 is offline New Member
    Sounds like a great idea - I find that after green tea I get the caffeine shakes - I usually have one in the morning and work out in the afternoon.

I'm trying your idea tomorrow - great creativity...

Thread Information