Thread: razor burns

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member

razor burns

Ok everytime I shave my legs i get razor bumps realy really bad. I have tried using baby oil like some of the ppl on here have suggested but nothing seems to work. I even thought that since the hair grows back in and i might be getting infected hairs I started to shave about every 2 days. Well lets just say that didnt work to well either actually it made it worse lol. But I was hoping someone could help me with this cause I can not figure out what to do to stop this

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    were you shaving more or less often than every two days before? i'm still a big fan of veet, it lasts way longer.

well for the longest time I was shaving them like twice a week and i was gettin razor burns then i thought that since i might be getting ingrown hairs maybe i should try and shave them before the hairs really started to grow in again(shaving them 3 days a week then) but that didnt seem to work either so now I dont know what to do to solve my problem..nair doesnt work i have tried it leaves stubble

nair was a bitch for me too, it left red bumps all over. if you haven't tried veet, i'd recommend it, i thought it would be just like nair, but it worked great for me. anyway, shaving that often could easily cause irritation. i know you probably know all this, but make sure you use a sharp ass razor each time and take your time. i find that sometimes i get razor burn if i rush and shave too fast against the grain.

another question can i shave against the grain? i always have done that for some rerason when i shave with the grain i feel like i dont get it all.....should i shave with the grain then against it for best results? also is veet messy like nair?

DO NOT shave against the grain, you'll break out like a bitch

well then how do u get your skin to be smooth cause when i shave with the grain it doesnt do crap it leaves hairs everywhere

you pretty much have to shave against the grain if you want to get your skin really smooth, but your probably gonna get razor burn doing it. veet is kinda messy like nair, i just use it about once a week or so before i take a shower. it gets everything smooth and lasts longer than shaving IMO. i just won't dare use veet...down there....and shave against the grain to get it smooth...the more you take your time and go slow, the less likely you'll get razor burn, at least that's what i've noticed in my experience. hope this helps

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Use nair for men, **** is awesome

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    Ok everytime I shave my legs i get razor bumps realy really bad. I have tried using baby oil like some of the ppl on here have suggested but nothing seems to work. I even thought that since the hair grows back in and i might be getting infected hairs I started to shave about every 2 days. Well lets just say that didnt work to well either actually it made it worse lol. But I was hoping someone could help me with this cause I can not figure out what to do to stop this
    Crazel43764,
    I used to get wicked razor burn and ingrowns. 1 if you Tan go 1 day before you shave, and 2 don't workout after you shave.
    There is this stuff called Air shave Gel which is better than shaving cream or gel. do a google shearch, it is expensive but it has something in it that keeps razor burn and ingrowns to a min. I shave 2x a week. Then I dry off and I but on gold bond medicated powder. then go to sleep. next Am, i use a loofa and wash away the dead skin. You have to play with this a bit, each persons skin is different. This is what works best for me. I have also use the new Gillet shave gel for men.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    DO NOT shave against the grain, you'll break out like a bitch
    exactly, i dont. never have problems. i have fair skin

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Best advice ever is to use the new M3 Power with Gillete sensitve skin shaving gel. I'm telling you the new M3 is smooth as butta!! Have not had an ounce of razor burn since making the switch. I know of a few guys on this board that swear by it also.

Thread Information