Dubs is offline New Member

Question Some Help Pls!!!

Hey to any one out there! Im a 21 yr old who, the moment i hit puberty started getting acne, as normal teens do! only problem is it was more than just your normal acne. i ended up going for blood tests. turns out i have a condition which causes an excess amount of testosterone to be prodused in my body! whats the problem you may ask? well this coupled with a normal teenagers sebacious glands caused lots of small red acne to occur on my back!

So now im 21 and the testosterone has slowed down but i still have the marks from the years of excess test in my system! is there any non laser or surgical means of removing these marks!
    I pretty much dont take of my clothes any where in public because of this!!! would really like to lead a normal life!
    I know u guys may be thinking excess testosterone is cool and stuff, which i agree with one hundred percent but not in an acne sense! i spent most of my teenage life at 5-6 % body fat naturally! i hope to compete next year but i dont know if ill even have the confidence to get up on stage because of this!!!

would laser therapy help!!!

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    How have you attempted to control this yourself? any topicals, meds, hygene changes?

as79 is offline Junior Member
    if you haven't already go and see a dermatologist he'll be able to give you the best advice. I'm sure some form of laser surgery would help, but probably won't be cheap!

i wouldn't let this put you off competing - a good tan and some make up should disguise it well.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    How have you attempted to control this yourself? any topicals, meds, hygene changes?
    I've tried topicals, antibiotics and a lot more krap. It stopped the acne but hasn't done anything for the marks left by it.

Quote Originally Posted by as79
    if you haven't already go and see a dermatologist he'll be able to give you the best advice. I'm sure some form of laser surgery would help, but probably won't be cheap!

i wouldn't let this put you off competing - a good tan and some make up should disguise it well.

Good luck!
    Have been to see a derm. But everything ive been given doesnt seem to have a real effect on the problem. At this point im willing to pay for laser.
    Thanks for the encouraging words.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I know a girl who had two sessions with laser, and her results were amazing! When i saw pics of her from yrs ago, i was shocked to say the least.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Laser is def the way to go. Make sure you find a good doc that specializes in it. I've seen major changes on a couple friends with it.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs
    Have been to see a derm. But everything ive been given doesnt seem to have a real effect on the problem. At this point im willing to pay for laser.
    Thanks for the encouraging words.
    check out the doc ask for b4 and after pics that are not airbrushed and tell him/her to refer u to patients with the same problem and same laser treatment

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Laser is def the way to go. Make sure you find a good doc that specializes in it. I've seen major changes on a couple friends with it.
    Can you give a ballpark estimate of how much it cost them?

Thread Information