c5529 is offline Member

Razor Burn -- HELP!!!!

I have a terrible time with razor burn on my chest and lower stomach....Please help, what can I do? I've tried every razor, shaving cream, lotion I can think of....it's really a problem for me.......

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Do you shave with or against the grain?

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Be a man and wax it.

Odin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    I have a terrible time with razor burn on my chest and lower stomach....Please help, what can I do? I've tried every razor, shaving cream, lotion I can think of....it's really a problem for me.......
    Somtimes I get it too but most of the time I can avoid it. 1. Always take a shower first . 2 put on lots of shaving cream on your chest and stomach and leave it their a little while. 3. Fill your Foset with cold water and rinse after every pass. Rub some vitamin E oil on it if it's still bad after that.

seanw is offline Banned
    yep I used to get it on the stomach bad, especially the pubes. I always do it in the shower now, get it warm first then lather up and NEVER shave against the grain, thats the killer.

c5529 is offline Member
    I've definitely been shaving against the grain. I'll stop doing that....I'll also try the vitamin E oil...great ideas -- Thanks everyone....

c5529 is offline Member
    Manwithin, I'm definitely not man enough to wax....ouch!!!!!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    get a product called bikini zone from walgreens or cvs or etc..
    abstrack@protonmail.com

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    Manwithin, I'm definitely not man enough to wax....ouch!!!!!
    Woosie !! My wife is a Beauty Therapist and she wax's for a living. She does my nose hairs !! Yes thats inside the nostrils. You havnt lived until you have had that done.

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Woosie !! My wife is a Beauty Therapist and she wax's for a living. She does my nose hairs !! Yes thats inside the nostrils. You havnt lived until you have had that done.
    HOLY SH!T BRO!! I've had a few body parts done and that initial sting is tear-jerking, but I cant even imagine what its like to have ur nostrils waxed.

Id love to get a full body wax. i dont have that much hair to begin with, but i just hate hair in general. i cant find a place that will do it

c5529 is offline Member
    Nose hairs???? h++ly s**t.....how can you do that? that must kill. I be crying like a 10 year old girl......

At any rate, I've tried everything you all suggested and so far as of today, my stomach and chest are MUCH better....thank you all so much....I can't tell you how much of a problem this has been for me....

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    HOLY SH!T BRO!! I've had a few body parts done and that initial sting is tear-jerking, but I cant even imagine what its like to have ur nostrils waxed.

Id love to get a full body wax. i dont have that much hair to begin with, but i just hate hair in general. i cant find a place that will do it
    My wife does full body waxes on Body Builders, she reckons they are the biggest sooks ! But then again it does hurt like fuk there is no doubt. She has been doing my nose for years so it doesnt hurt that much anymore.

There is a place in Australia that has a sign on the window "Discount for Back, Crack and Sack Wax" They cater to the gay boys in that part of town. Now I know the nose hurts but, the sack !!!

c5529 is offline Member
    back, crack, and sack!!! Too funny! LOL...

I'm sure my girlfriend would leave me if I asked her to wax my nosehairs! Maybe when we're married I'll ask her to do that!!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Make sure you clean the area really well, with warm/hot water, wash over the areas quite a bit before opening up the pors, it will reduce any rashes

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    If ya dont wanna shave or wax..get some nair

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i never shave with a razor, i either use something like nair or the back side burn trimmer on my electric razor. it works well on chest,legs,back and it doesnt give razor burn.
    waxing does hurt like a bltch but its the best way i think. ive only done it once and it fukin hurt so i havent done it again! LOL... i might try it again b4 i go to cancun(but probably not)

c5529 is offline Member
    thanks again everyone. Your adive has REALLY helped. I'm definitely not man enough to wax so I'm cleaning the areas thoroughly, using the back side of a trimmer when possible, going with the grain when using a razor, and putting tons of vitamin E on -- all of this has been helping quite a bit!

bigordie is offline Member
    is it true that after you wax an area for long enough you will kill the hair folical itself rather than just shaving everyday for the rest of your life?

as far as shaving against the grain, for me i have to im italian...

and does nair leave a rash?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    sometimes irritates the skin..not a rash though..i was only a little red since it essentially burns the root of the hair

Pour rubbing alcohol over the areas you shave. It burns for a second, but it takes care of razor burn.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Try AVEENO oatmeal shaving cream. I had a bump problem and it helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Try AVEENO oatmeal shaving cream. I had a bump problem and it helped a lot.
    I use that sh1t all the time myself. It does help a lot with them **** bumps.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    look for a product called "tend skin" works great for irritation anywhere, but is expensive.

Thread Information