Thread: acne help

justin2305 is offline Senior Member

Question acne help

aight bros i have heard a bunch of stuff bout accutane i have always had a lil case of acne that just drives me crazy i have used everything in the book pro active, face washes etc. ive never tried accutane but ive heard some pros and cons with it can yall help me out and inform me a lil bit more bout this accutane i was going to get it once but i heard that it makes ur face look terrible for a while is that true thanks a bunch oh and ps: i have natrual acne not from AS im not using gear right now matter of fact when i was on my acne acctually cleared up a lil bit thanks

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Bro, accutane is brutal. It makes your skin 1000 times worse for six months. The last week of those six months you will start to see your skin really clear up. This is how it was for me, I took in 8th grade. I haven't had one zit since 8th grade and I'm almost 22 now. But, for those six months you take it will be hell, that was then it could be different now. Accutane pretty much is a last resort. The good part is that once your done you will never have to worry about acne again.

-SHRED

AVAGO is offline Member
    if your acne is natural i would reccomend seeing your doc man he will prescribe you suttin milder, and work your way up to accutane if all else fails as a last resort.. its nasty stuff and far to over the top for a bit of acne read the side effects bro .

aight thanks a bunch guys

Epiphany is offline Female Member
    You should try Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide (just make sure it's over 5%). Those usually work pretty well on moderate acne. I just don't think you should go straight to accutane till you're out of other options...and those two may do it, just off the top of my head...

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany
    You should try Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide (just make sure it's over 5%). Those usually work pretty well on moderate acne. I just don't think you should go straight to accutane till you're out of other options...and those two may do it, just off the top of my head...

Best of luck!
    thanks a bunch bro for the help ill look into that

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    my best friends dad is a dermotologist(sp?) He always gives me something different, ive tried retin A, clendagel, differin, clindamycin phosphate, glytone, tazorac, and some other toner. Thats just the rx creams, im on glytone morning and night, and tazorac at night. Retin A made my skin flake and peel but for acne it worked pretty good, differin worked decent, clindamycin phosphate decent, clendagel decent, glytone is just a salycilic acid thing that you dont need a rx for but ask your dermatologist about it and he might have it, it is better than any salyclilic OTC IMO, and tazorac i havent been on long so im not sure how well its gonna do. I would say as far as rx, try glytone morning and night, and differin at night for starters. But definatly get glytone for your OTC needs. If anyone has a very specific question that cant be answered on here, then pm me and ill ask my friends dad when i see him next. Peace

edit: oh and if your skin flakes and gets red and dry, ask the doc for some elidel, it works for most anything. if you have the money (like 100 bucks )
    Last edited by playa4933; 01-12-2005 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information