Thread: Tooth whitening

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Tooth whitening

I went to the dentist today and saw that BriteSmile stuff thats a treatment they do there but its like $500. Has anyone used the rembrant or crest or whatever over the counter stuff? I'd be willing to buy a good treatment for 50 or less...

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    www.smilox.com
    I used the nite white kits. For me, they were very effective. You'll need bleaching trays or retainers to put the gel in at night.
    There is a dentist on here, SMYL GR8, i think. He knows his toofie whitener pretty good.
    Later

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    My ears were burning, lol. Britesmile is not worth the money, don't even think about it plus it's not the safest thing in the world, I don't care what YOUR dentist tells you. I did some of the initial research on BriteSmile, but the company ignored it b/c they didn't like the not-so-positive results.

The crest white strips work pretty well as far as making your front teeth a little lighter, BUT they will not create the dramatic homogeneous whitening of the custom trays that your dentist will make for you. The best (as far as combining effectiveness with convenience) is to have your dentist make you the custom trays and use the gel 2-3 hours per day for 2 weeks or so. It should cost $300-400.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Hey Doc, is nite white pretty safe when used as intended?

dprayvd is offline Junior Member
    What about laser treatment?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i used the crest strips and it worked great. i always get compliments on my teeth. do it you wont regret it.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    www.smilox.com
    I used the nite white kits. For me, they were very effective. You'll need bleaching trays or retainers to put the gel in at night.
    There is a dentist on here, SMYL GR8, i think. He knows his toofie whitener pretty good.
    Later
    I did the rembrandt laser and it worked great, 12 shades lighter. However I wish I tried smilox first. I am going to have smilox make my trays and I am going to use nitewhite.

raydogg is offline New Member
    BriteSmile is a ripoff. Rembrandt plasma arc light is good, and so is the Zoom. Sensitivity is possible with all of them. No pain, no gain. The tray method is the most practical for the money.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're thinking about paying $500, you should go the extra $200 for an hour-per-day or night time bleaching with a custom made dental tray. It works VERY well.

I've tried the rembrandt. The whitening tooth pastes work, but they take severam months of use to see a true difference.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thanks for all the replies, guys... I think im just going to see how the Crest strips work first cuz im on a budget right now.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Thanks for all the replies, guys... I think im just going to see how the Crest strips work first cuz im on a budget right now.
    And gear is more important than teeth right Least it is in my budget

joevette is offline Banned
    I've heard those gels are carcinogenic, has anyone else heard that? How much are those laser treatments, anyone with first hand knowledge? Did it make your teeth really white?

gonnagetBIG is offline Junior Member
    I have used the crest white strips with great success (14 day kit). Its like 25 bucks and my teeth are whiter than ever. Might give it a try before you go layin down that kinda cash for a pro job.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I used the Crest White Strips Premium that I got from my Dentist. They work really well and I'm still using them I get compliments on my teeth/smile all the time b/c of those bad boys.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    My ears were burning, lol. Britesmile is not worth the money, don't even think about it plus it's not the safest thing in the world, I don't care what YOUR dentist tells you. I did some of the initial research on BriteSmile, but the company ignored it b/c they didn't like the not-so-positive results.
    Would be interested in hearing more about the safety concerns, bro.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    get the nite white off of ebay and go to wal-mart and use the mouth trays from another (cheaper) kit.

Thread Information