GQSuperman is offline Banned

hair loss question

so, i have a thick head of hair, but for the past month or so, i notice that everyday i am losing quite a few hairs each day..probrably around 60-70. my scalp occassionallly itches as well. my father wsa bald, but my mothers father has a full head of hair, so it's a crap shoot with me. anyway, as i sit at my desk and run my hands through my hair, i do notice quite a few hairs falling out each day, so i'm a little worried. i'm going to start looking for visible scalp as the weeks go on.

anyway, i want to head this off if possible. can anyone recommend what to use for hair loss...more importantly, where it gte it cheap. customnutrtionwharehouse.com used to have minoxidil in a powder...i'm assuming to reconstiture and apply topically. they dont have it now though. ibenutrition.com has finesterade, but in aqueous form. i read that it's taken as a pill, so i'm not sure about this.

anyone have suggestions and a mode of action for me? ( i have taken M1t and and am now doing t-test with mohn, so the this may be contributing some i guess)

also, if i do use one of these products, and the hair loss is from the PH, will i have to continue using the product to prevent hair loss once i'm done with the cycle, or do i have to continue use for the rest of my life?

Jack Rabbit Slim is offline Associate Member
    I noticed hair loss in early stages too, but i took propecia and started washing my hair with this shampoo called nioxin. My hair loss has stoppped and actually grew back . I think the key is catching it early. propecia is expensive, but well worth it. I get for around 60 dollars a month. My insurance has a supplemental thing that pays for it, thats the only reason i even tried it. Hope this helps.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    propecia , been on for over 1.5 years and still good. dutasteride is better but more expensive it blocks both 5ar instead of just one. do a search on finasteride or dutasteride. You can use Nizoral shampoe 2% or 1%. I used the nioxin at first but got wicked scalp itch. Use the search button. Go to the ar lounge alot of good info in there. good luck. ski a great winter.

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member

GQSuperman is offline Banned

which is better

so, i'm goign to go ahead and get somethign to catch this early..(i have an identical twin, so when i see him next, i'll talk to him to see if he's experiencing this also, or if this is just from my PH cycles)...nice barometer for me huh? i can just look at his head and see what mine should look like.

anywya, there's a site. customnutritionwharehouse that sells three products...azelaic acid, minoxidil and spirololactin. anyone have any suggestions on which of these is best? i dont' want to take the total body DHT inhibitor and propecia is my prescription only. of these three, what would you all recommend?

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    anywya, there's a site. customnutritionwharehouse that sells three products...azelaic acid, minoxidil and spirololactin. anyone have any suggestions on which of these is best? i dont' want to take the total body DHT inhibitor and propecia is my prescription only. of these three, what would you all recommend?
    Custom Nutrition is great. Use their Minoxidil and azelaic acid. It's real cheap and it works. Forget the spiro. It smells very bad, sort of like skunk. And all spiro smells bad, btw. It's not just Custom. Azelaic acid works better than spiro anyway, so go with that.

But if you really want to be cautious, go to https://www.xandrox.com and buy some Xandrox15 (X15) and 2% Nizoral shampoo. X15 is azelaic acid and Minox 15%. Use Niz shampoo every other day, use the Xandrox 15 every night and the 5% minox and azelaic acid you get from Custom every morining. This is what I do and it seems to be working. So far no shedding from using M5. (I think some hair is even growing back.) There's some good info on the xandrox site. I read up there and then then came up with the protocol noted above. Good luck.

Thread Information