big_dom85 is offline Junior Member

Sauna's steam rooms.....

What are these things good 4? saunas steam rooms and jacuzie ( i have no idea how to spell that) I got a membership at a different gym and it has all these things so lately after I have been working out I have been using all these things and im just wondering if any one of them is bad 4 muscle and which one's if any help with loosing fat?? thanks guys

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    steam rooms- good for clearing up poor, relaxing, etc.
    jacuzzi- good food muscle relaxion, ??

diet ad cardio is going to aid in fat loss. there is not going to be a significant fat loss from sitting in a jacuzzi or steam room
    abstrack@protonmail.com

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Well i have no proof but what i figure is that it really raises your body tempature so im assuming your going to burn some calories in there

big_dom85 is offline Junior Member
    cool guys thats what i figured! thanx

joevette is offline Banned
    I like a hot tub with strong jets for sore back muscles. I don't see how people sit in there right after a workout. Don't they know anything about pwo and ppwo nutrition?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Steam rooms and saunas expose u to high heat which opens up your pores and helps u sweat more and then when u shower right after u clean more dirt off since your pores are still open larger.
    The Jaccuzi is just a relaxing environment and the water flow very lightly massages your muscles after a workout, there is no proof that the jacuzzi is as effective as a real full massage though.

Sauna's and steam rooms are good for cutting water weight.

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    a steam room provides, obviously, warm steam. it is warm enough to make you sweat and this clears out your pores of impurities. a sauna is supposed to be used to refresh yiur skin with the light scent of the hot air in there, but it also clears the pores but the sweat from them quickly evaporates

a jacuzzi is just to help you relax, but as said previously, not as good as a full body massage.

we hava plunge pool as well, jump into this freezing cold water helps to close the pores after the steam room and sauna. but FCUK it hurts its sooo cold!

Ybear is offline Junior Member
    I see guys going in the steam rooms and saunas withsweat suits sweaters all kinds of crap ! i guess there trying to loose water wieght?

challenge me and i will succeed

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Main thing that I feel is important when going into a steam, sauna, or jacuzzi is to drink plenty of fluids. Water would be ideal, or some type of electrolyte drink to replace lost fluids.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    steam rooms- good for clearing up poor, relaxing, etc.
    jacuzzi- good food muscle relaxion, ??

diet ad cardio is going to aid in fat loss. there is not going to be a significant fat loss from sitting in a jacuzzi or steam room

steamrooms/saunas are good for cleaning out your pores.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    during wrestling season in highschool i used to go to saunas and sit there for about an hour after i did a crazy cardio session to lose all my water wieght so i could make weigh ins but other than that jucuzzis are great for fuking your gf in.!!!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    no public jacuzzis for me, nasty stuff in there if not properly maintained.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44

Sauna's and steam rooms are good for cutting water weight.

big time. when i lost 53lbs i was in it everyday i worked out after even an hr of cardio and it kept the water weight off.

UNTOUCHABLE is offline Junior Member
    You are not going to lose any calories by sitting in the sauna! Unless you sit in there for days, the temperature of your skins surface will increase but not your core temp. Which is one of the components that has to increase to burn calories. Yes you are going to lose weight sitting in the sauna but it is water weight not adipose tissue (fat). Cardio, Diet, Clen , Dnp etc are the only ways that you are going to lose fat.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i agree saunas are kick ass for making weight in wrestling

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Girlfriend mother add a weightloss center and they add special saunas, think it was called thermo therapy or something, you just sat in the sauna and your head was stiking out for 45 minutes and sweat.

With good diet and exercice and this she lost 15 pounds in record time so i guess that sauna are good for weightloss has long has the cardio and weights and diet are all in check.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I love sitting in a hot tub or sauna after a nice workout, feels like I just got a nice massage

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    Well i have no proof but what i figure is that it really raises your body tempature so im assuming your going to burn some calories in there
    Artificially raising your tempeture form the outside won't make you burn more fat. You have to raise it from the inside. The heat in fat burning is a side effect of the lipolysis in brown fat tissue. You can't induce the heat artificailly and expect lipolysis, thats backwards. It s the chicken and the egg deal. Which came first? The lipolysis came first, then the heat.

That's like saying(stay with me here) "well, if a baby comes from someone getting laid, maybe i should take a baby and shuv it up into my girlfriends uterus and maybe i'll get some pussy". It doesn't work that way.

If ya really wanna increase fat burnage, workout in te freezing cold. This forces your body to burn more fat to stay warm.
    (but who the hell wants to do that?)
    Oh and like somebody else here said. Sitting in the sauna is not a great idea after a workout, unless of course you feel like sipping on your whey, creatine and dextrose shake in a room thats a million degrees with old, sweaty homesexuals all around staring at your ballsack. PWON people!

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    I still say that combined with cardio great diet and weights it cant hurt, i do my sauna in the morning and i am the only one in so i can stair at my own ball sac.

Still the old farts can be anoying when you want to relax and they start to talk about there damn life experience and how much the world sucks today lol

Thread Information