Gold's gym is really starting to piss me off

Ok, I need to vent here, Gold's gym is really starting to piss me off big time. I'm not sure how they are out west, but here on the east coast it's really getting quite pathetic. They are closing two Golds gyms here and making one new big one with a "state of the art" cardio cinema theatre, basketball courts, and a bunch of other happy horsesh*t to attract more yuppies(they are moving it up by the lake so its going to take me an extra 10 minutes to get there!) But what really PISSES ME THE **** OFF is they are going to bump my monthly bill from 39.95 to like 60 something bucks!!!! I hate it, the stupid ass dumbbells at my Golds only go to like 130, the trainers dont even look like they work out, and its nothing but yuppy morons on thier cell phones and wearing thier brand new workout gear or sneakers, I mean you gotta be color coordinated to work out now ya' know? I dont know, the place is just becoming too commercialized and it dissapoints me.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Called profit. They closed the one near my school, and its actually something else now. Golds wasnt doing good in my area because its mostly blue collar around my school, not business people who go to the gym to talk. For the people who just want to work out, golds isnt the place.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    u might wanna get a mod to move this thread to the lounge

ONaMission is offline Junior Member
    We just had the whole "bigger golds" thing here. New people got too pay $21 for life while the rest of us are paying $39 (hope it doesnt change). A buddy of mine just got inheritance and has a Garage as big as the Golds preview Center, so hes going to buy alot of equipment, and charge people 10 or 15 bucks / month to use his stuff.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    are you sure your'e not on the west coast at a 24 hour fitness club? i think we go to the same gym.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    My golds gym is pretty good. none of that bs...

Danielle is offline Female Member
    maybe at YOUR gold's........im on the east coast as well...........our dumbells go up to 200lbs.........and none of that other bs here..........our Golds have been there for about 30 years or so and def. not moving anywhere
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    ive never been to another gym.. i go to golds myself.. it gets pretty packed which i dont like.. but the people there are really working out, not talking on phones. u are right about the trainers though.. they are fat dudes who just lean up against a machine all day.. definitely wouldnt want them training me. Trainer at golds gym basically stands there all day, occasionally spots someone on request... and will put back weights on the rack if he is so inclined.

TheOneTheOnly is offline New Member
    Thats the one thing that really pisses me off, you are in the gym to lift, not to socialize, end of story.

YES.....My dam Gold's is goin to sh1t. The last friggin straw was when they put TV's by the Squat Rack. What is up with that. It's bad enuff that they play these stoopid love songs on the sound system so the old ladies won't complain. I am really pissed as well. I want to open a World or Powerhouse in this area just to get away from this "profit center". I train hard and am starting to get looked at as "one of those roid heads". This is Gold's for heavens sake. aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh....

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    My gold's is pretty good except the music mondo was talking about....how can you get pumped up with some love song in the background?

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    my gym is officially gayer than any of yours. Please don't complain....

And you say that your location is "The Gym"! Does that mean something in regards to being "gayer". Are you hinting at something??? It's cool, just admit it! You'll feel released and free to be out!!!! J/K

Sorry, couldn't resist.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Mine was pretty nice for a while, but now it is getting worse. A lot of fat and ugly women who are talking on a cells and breathing my air:-( They are doing nothing!!! Sitting and chating. Some stupid teens doing biceps curls in a squat racks:-(

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    i go to golds and the one i go to is pretty good, there is a lot of jacked guys there who are serious about working out

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i feel ur pain, i quit golds after a year. they repadded all the cardio stuff with bright yellow and green covers. added a boxing ring and killed all metal music. so many pussies go there and chit chat while im trying to foking bench. god i hate golds.

xfade7 is offline Member
    The YMCA... i also have love songs playing in the background, fat asses doing machine workouts that i see everyday and never made any difference.. little kids, etc.. very tough to get motivated there.. there are a few hot chicks that come in every so often tho.. so theres an upside

Do you want to get big and strong? Stop by our "pro shop" and get yourself a ten dollar protien shake after your workout!! I like all the motivating posters they put in mine too, not the cool ones of like Arnold or Ronnie, but the ones with a fuc*in drawing of a bodybuilder and silly little phrases next to it saying "It's cheaper than health insurance" or "lose 30 lbs the moment you walk through the door" AHHHHHHHHHHHHH this place pisses me off!!!

Thread Information