Elysium is offline Productive Member

MESSY need your help :( D*mn stretch marks...! (Picture inside)

Hey all...

Ive never discussed this before, im a lil embaressed so keep this serious please guys

Well ive been getting stretch marks on my shoulders lately, ive LOST fat so im confused as to why this is happening... i hate the look of stretch marks... is there any way to get rid of them? Like oils? Or?

My Stats are

20 years old
    225lbs
    5'9
    BF 16-17%

Heres a pic of the worst of it! (sorry for quality, its my crappy cam)

Ive actually lost like 20lbs of fat over the past few months, i have increased muscle though... so is this the sole cause?

As i said guys i wanna keep this serious, im looking for some help please

Thanks a tonne everyone!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Hey all...

Ive never discussed this before, im a lil embaressed so keep this serious please guys

Well ive been getting stretch marks on my shoulders lately, ive LOST fat so im confused as to why this is happening... i hate the look of stretch marks... is there any way to get rid of them? Like oils? Or?

My Stats are

20 years old
    225lbs
    5'9
    BF 16-17%

Heres a pic of the worst of it! (sorry for quality, its my crappy cam)

Ive actually lost like 20lbs of fat over the past few months, i have increased muscle though... so is this the sole cause?

As i said guys i wanna keep this serious, im looking for some help please

Thanks a tonne everyone!

Since you don't carry a lot of fat on your shoulders, I would say the weight loss has nothing to do with it. It is the fact you gained muscle, and you are probably prone to them (so am I). The only thing I have noticed that helps is to just start using lotion everday......if you keep the skin moist it will stretch easier and hopefully you won't get the marks anymore. The only place I have them really bad are the corners of my arm pits and a little on the inside of my bicep. Don't worry bro, all it means is that you're growing

seanw is offline Banned
    Messy, Vitamin E oil is renounded for helping with problems like this. especially the oil you get from the tablets, just break them open and rub it on, it takes a while but it does help. Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Since you don't carry a lot of fat on your shoulders, I would say the weight loss has nothing to do with it. It is the fact you gained muscle, and you are probably prone to them (so am I). The only thing I have noticed that helps is to just start using lotion everday......if you keep the skin moist it will stretch easier and hopefully you won't get the marks anymore. The only place I have them really bad are the corners of my arm pits and a little on the inside of my bicep. Don't worry bro, all it means is that you're growing
    Thanks for the reply buddy. What lotion do you use? I heard of oils and special products you can buy, im just a lil embaressed, some people dont understand, i mentioned it to a guy i know and he was like only women get stretch marks!

So where you say about the lotion making the skin moist.. would it be a good idea to maybe give them a rub with some lotion before and after workouts?

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Messy, Vitamin E oil is renounded for helping with problems like this. especially the oil you get from the tablets, just break them open and rub it on, it takes a while but it does help. Good luck bro.
    What would you do, take this each day yea? Like in capsules?

Thanks for the reply buddy. What lotion do you use? I heard of oils and special products you can buy, im just a lil embaressed, some people dont understand, i mentioned it to a guy i know and he was like only women get stretch marks!

So where you say about the lotion making the skin moist.. would it be a good idea to maybe give them a rub with some lotion before and after workouts?

I use lotion with coco butter and vitamin e in it. You can really just get the regular old vitamin e lotion that is cheaper..... as long as you keep the skin moist it should help a lot. Also, for the ones you already have.... try some of the stuff they make for pregnant women. Maderma is a good one. Good luck bro

seanw is offline Banned
    What would you do, take this each day yea? Like in capsules?
    Yes you buy the capsules and break them open and rub on the oil inside

seanw is offline Banned
    Actually I just had a thought, my wife used to use a thing called "Wool Fat" when she was pregnant, she would just rub the cream all over her stomach. I will research that one for you

Thanks guys

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah, you can also get body wash with cocoa butter as well... the more the better...

LMO and I both are prone as hell.. sucks balls lol..

seanw is offline Banned
    OK sio wool fat is another name for Lanolin. This kind of explains it http://www.possumplus.co.nz/merino.htm and this sounds like its got everything you need in it. https://www.inventiveparent.com/tumm...ksolutions.htm
    Ignore the fact that its girlie stuff, if it works who cares. If anybody on her hangs sh!t on you, tell them to fuk off !!!!!

OK sio wool fat is another name for Lanolin. This kind of explains it http://www.possumplus.co.nz/merino.htm and this sounds like its got everything you need in it. https://www.inventiveparent.com/tumm...ksolutions.htm
    Ignore the fact that its girlie stuff, if it works who cares. If anybody on her hangs sh!t on you, tell them to fuk off !!!!!
    Cool i'll check this out too.

I also get it slightly down near my forearm, you know? like the middle bit... i dont understand why that would get them too... i didnt think it could get bigger, quickly enough for it to happen

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Well it's best to fight stretch marks before they appear, but like me you are **** outta luck there. I hear that olive oil is also good for making the skin more elastic. That's what I use now.

yooo is offline Associate Member
    Have you tried Retin-A? I have some monster stretch marks that seem to have come out of nowhere...

At first retin A seems to make it worse, but after a month i swear they could be gone..

Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    Have you tried Retin-A? I have some monster stretch marks that seem to have come out of nowhere...

At first retin A seems to make it worse, but after a month i swear they could be gone..
    Not heard of it, can you buy it in normal stores?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Coacoa butter worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Coacoa butter worked well for me.
    Everyone seems to say this, i might give it a try along with the Vit E.

Not heard of it, can you buy it in normal stores?
    No its perscription, but if u run a search u'll see many claim Retin-A to work

No its perscription, but if u run a search u'll see many claim Retin-A to work
    ahh right ****, that'll mean i have to see my doc to get it then yea?

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Vit E oil, 10,000IU

I appricate all the help everyone!!! You guys are great

ahh right ****, that'll mean i have to see my doc to get it then yea?
    To be honest with you, i dk how it is in the UK, but def search ur UK Google or whatever u got first LOL... U might be able to find it... Well worth it..

Go tanning in the mean time! good luck bro

To be honest with you, i dk how it is in the UK, but def search ur UK Google or whatever u got first LOL... U might be able to find it... Well worth it..

Yep im gonna get on the tanning beds, they will help cover them a bit

seanw is offline Banned
    Yep im gonna get on the tanning beds, they will help cover them a bit
    Messy I thought the only people who had tans in England, originated from somewhere else

Messy I thought the only people who had tans in England, originated from somewhere else
    lol. man its not easy to get a tan in the UK without a tanning bed, we hardly ever get sun lol. nah theres lots of different races here actually, i personally dont like looking to "white" not like a racial thing, but a nice tan can look healthy and can enhance the the way the body looks sometimes.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Stretchmarks don't tan all that well.

Try a product designed to heal or minimize scars. It can be expensive but worth it if they bother you too much.

Prevention is the best medicine. Keep your skin moisturized with lotion high in Vit E and Cocoa butter. Think of them as a badge of honor....you earned them through your hard work.

My boyfriend has one I noticed the other day on his arm...but it's right on a vein so it's hard to see.

1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's the good news bro... your growing, here's the bad news... there is nothing you can do to make strech marks better. I sold lasers for several years. and worked with Plastic surgeons all day long. I knew about 50 of them, and not a single one knew what to do with Strech marks.
    GOod luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Here's the good news bro... your growing, here's the bad news... there is nothing you can do to make strech marks better. I sold lasers for several years. and worked with Plastic surgeons all day long. I knew about 50 of them, and not a single one knew what to do with Strech marks.
    GOod luck bro
    Inspiring

But for real, unfortunately, hes probably right..there is no real solution..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    One word: Neosporin. It's used to treat scar tissue. It helped me quite a bit. A good amount of tanning, and daily applications should work it out. It's what's helped me most when I had them shooting down my bicep from my shoulder.

tbrocato is offline Member
    thank god I am not prone to them!

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Yeah man, they are scars.. cant get rid of them.. these creams an stuff might take the redness away but the white-ish scar remains. maybe in a few years they will find a way to completely get rid of scars thru plastic surgery

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    you should thank god if your not prone to them.. i have them on my arms and i cant get my mind to train anymore bc i hate those ****ers...iam thinknig of tatooing over them with a light color of my skin tone which is called "buff" by my tattoo artist im thinking of tatting em up in about a month or so...and yup bro there going to be there for a while just tthank god you dont have them on your arms like my ass.. ihavent worn a tight shirt to show off my 18 guns since feb 04 bro

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    **** i have tiny ones on my armpit that are unnoticeable took forever to get them!

You Guys should just thank yourselves there only in that spot. I got into a mean car reck and lost 50 pounds in 1-2 weeks. It took a while to get it back but now I have HORRID stretch marks near my groin it looks horrible ive been using vit E with no success im going to try maderma next.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    I'm prone to them also, I have them on my arms/chest and my legs(really bad)
    and I have used lotions and all of that stuff but it hasnt helped at all. Tanning does seem to make them less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    One word: Neosporin. It's used to treat scar tissue. It helped me quite a bit. A good amount of tanning, and daily applications should work it out. It's what's helped me most when I had them shooting down my bicep from my shoulder.

Yup it helped mine as well....... between lotion, maderma, and neosporin mine have faded quite a bit under my arm pits.

Thread Information