chinups Guest

CranioSacral Therapy

Has anyone ever heard anything about this study??
    Any advice or massage therapist out there care to give there insit.

My grifriend suffers from TMJ and this is suppose to help with it so I was thinkign about taking a seminar on it. Its basicly learning about the head back and neck and how to massage them to release energy and to help with certain ailments.

Thanks

CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY
    This is a manual therapeutic procedure for remedying distortions in the structure and function of the craniosacral mechanism--the brain and spinal cord, the bones of the skull, the sacrum, and interconnected membranes. It is used to treat chronic pain, migraine headaches, TMJ, and a range of other conditions.

Cruiser_67 is offline New Member
    I have had the theripy as well as Reki treatments. The theripist I seen was a massage Theripist I seen practiced both as well as other spiritual theripys.

I found both to be very healing and relaxing. The reki treatments are even further on the spiritual side, dealing with chakras and the bodys energy ect.. I felt very balanced and alurt after the treatment sessions. I believe the key is finding the right practitioner. Someone that makes you confortable. In the end alot of the rewords from such treatment come form your belief that they will work..

chinups Guest
    Do you suffer from TMJ or anything like that?

Cruiser_67 is offline New Member
    No I dont. I do however have neck and back issues as well as head aches. When I was going they seemed to be less frequest though.. I also seen the chiro less...

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    I am LMT, and am certified in craniosacral, reiki, neuro-muscular, etc.

I have owned a clinic, and worked with doctors, etc. I have treated tmj as a therapist, and worked with pain management docs for combination therapies, etc. It's been a good number of years since I practiced professionally.

Craniosacral is good stuff, but not what she needs. It may give some relief, but it's not the best modality in this case. She can get amazing results by having the muscles in her jaw worked. The best relief will likely come from a working of the jaw muscles from INSIDE her mouth.

Some dental offices have a therapist onsite who does this. They generally wear rubber gloves, etc... very professional.

Also, if I were you, I would call up the local massage therapy schools. They may even have a program where a student will work on her for free. If not, the instructors will certainly know who is good and where they practice... better than a shot in the dark by stopping in some doc's office.

Hope it helps.

chinups Guest
    Thanks sure does...I think she mayneed to have her jaw broken eventually though, her back teeth bareley touch at this point

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Have you ever considered see an osteopathic physician? Rather then MD's, they are DO's, and in addition to learning the general medical practices of MD's they take on an addition knowledge of the musculoskeletal system.

One of their hallmarks, is the cranial-sacral inter-relationship...Maybe give them a try?

-DocMD

Thread Information