Thread: scar reduction

NightOp is offline Member

scar reduction

alright, anyone know whats best for at-home scar reduction? silicone sheets or any silicone gel or scar reduction creams? If you know anything about this sort of stuff (some of you dermatologists maybe?) plz suggest what is best and if possible the brand? thnx btw- these are for very minor post surgical scars (about 1cm long).

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where are the scars?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    my dermatologist besides laser would be a creme called mederma they sell it otc
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

scars are on my chest, thnx for the info so far... bump for more

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    1. Put sunscreen on the scars whenever you are in the sun or any light. This will prevent them from turning brown. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
    2. No fake tanning
    3. Use a vitamin E cream on them at night.

I had a scar on my forehead from getting hit with a beer bottle and that is what the doctor told me to do. I did it for a year. It worked... you can't even tell it's there.

ok thanks arthrub999, i will do that.

does anyone know anything about silicon sheets or cream?

bump

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Silicone gel sheeting is recognized as effective in reducing hypertrophic scarring and promoting wound healing. Published research shows that the benefits of silicone gel sheeting are caused by the "footprint" left by the sheeting.

Professional Solutions is pleased to announce the availability of the "next generation" of gel sheeting. The "footprint" of silicone gel sheeting has been developed into an easy -to-use topically applied gel and spray-on liquid.

These new "self-Bonding Polymers" form a long-lasting mono-molecular layer of a vapor-permeable protective barrier that keeps the protected tissues well-hydrated and well-oxygenated, while resisting bacterial and fungal colonization and growth.

These new polymers form an "Invisible Bandage", protecting exposed nerve-endings and thus reducing the need for systemic pain medications. No more bulky sheeting, tapes and dressings. Merely dab on a drop of gel or spray some liquid for the ultimate in skin care protection.

Silicone Gel is made from the same basic elastomer providing the sticky under-surface for the gel sheeting manufactured by Dow and CUI corporations. We have polarized this polysiloxane and minimally cross-linked it, so that the molecules orient themselves one layer thick once the excess is wiped away from the affected area.

Silicone Gel's application and maintenance is effortless. Application is similar to viscous sunscreen products, without the bothersome thickness of gel sheeting. Patients' noncompliance with gel sheeting products may occur when applications of 2- 3mm thick patches feel bulky and uncomfortable on the scar and surrounding skin.

Directions for use:

For topical application. Apply sparingly. Apply the gel in a thin layer, on the area to be treated. Re-apply as needed. Apply morning and night.

Available in 5gram or 15 gram tube.

Should last for 8 to 12 weeks (15 gram)

wow thanks, where could I get that? what brand it is?

Thread Information