KAEW44 is offline Senior Member

Minoxidil.....Weird experience !!!

I hav been using Minoxidil for only 6 weeks which is relatively a short time to expect super results...and i am using the weaker 2% version too! My hairloss level before starting was very light in the front of the hairline, just a mild thinning.
    Many have claimed that regular minoxidil doesnt absorb well in the frontal hairline and there are companies that combine it with Retin-A to make it absorb better. That doesnt seem to eb the case with me because int he first 4 weeks i got a significant strength and quality difference in the appearance of my hair and if i looked very very close in the mirror i could see the 'peach fuzz' growing in the temples.

This is the 6th week and the peach fuzz has grown into thicker hair, still thin compared to hair that was already there, but not exactly peach fuzz. And the weird thing is that i am growing hair on my forehead!!!! I have heard a claim about this a long long time ago but i thought it was an exageration..but its happening to me!!!
    They are randomly scattered hairs but they are visible!! I always tried to be careful not to let the minoxidil drip down my forehead when applying it, and it still happened a few times and i didnt think it would be enough to cause new hair growth!!!

I just wanted to share this because its weird and i guess everyone responds differently to the stuff, i couldnt use 5% because i would get a really rapid heartbeat when i used it so i went down to 2% and i'm ok now.
    Maybe i'm just too sensetive to it! Cant wait to see if i get good growth after 6months-1year!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    thats bad man hair on the forehead

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    lol, yeah it sucks! i'm being moe careful not to make it go past teh hairline when i apply it now, and lets see if it goes away, because minoxidil grown hair is minoxidil dependent, if it doesnt get its daily dose it will die!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    maybe u should tie smth round ur forehead itll look dumb but wont get past the hairline u could also try layin back so ne extra would go to the neck which can be waxed

Thread Information