statuZ is offline Banned

tanning effectively?

sup guys i got a quick question, my skin is mostly fair, and i have trouble tanning, and since i live in AZ the sun should be coming out soon, and im looking for a nice tan. Is there anything that i can do to make sure that i dont just burn? Any expert advice is appreciated! Thanks!

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    sup guys i got a quick question, my skin is mostly fair, and i have trouble tanning, and since i live in AZ the sun should be coming out soon, and im looking for a nice tan. Is there anything that i can do to make sure that i dont just burn? Any expert advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    Start slow and build your way up.

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    a friend of mine swears by this method,
    every year before summer he goes to the tanning salon, goes for a couple weeks and gets a solid base. and from there he is set, he says he never really has to worry about getting burned unless he has no sun block on. makes sense to me

statuZ is offline Banned
    i am looking for a decent tan though, should i fake bake or do the real thing?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Fake tanning only penetrates something like the first 4 layers of the skin. I can't remember the details, but an owner of a tanning salon told me this some time ago. Real suntanning penetrates much deeper into the skin and therefore is a richer color, lasts longer, and provides better protection.

Either method is fine, though - ease your way into it, or build up a base through fake tanning. I use the first method, personally. I use SPF 4 and don't stay out longer than 20 minutes or so and just work my way up.

alevok Guest
    I recommend my light skin customers as
    first three sessions 10 min
    second three sessions 15 min
    and the last three 20
    always use special tanning creams for tanning beds. Moisturize after each session.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    i do the tanning salon and im pretty tan !!

Thread Information