justin2305 is offline Senior Member

tanning and acne?!?

hey guys ive heard that tanning helps prevent and get rid of back,chest etc. acne is this true???also if this is true would u recomend using any tanning lotion while tanning or just go plain jain without any lotion while still in getting tan and how many days would u recomend tanning a wk thanks a bunch

justin

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    i dont konw but i have chest acne and its ****en pissing me off!!! ill try this tanning **** thought im already using dawn !!

magicksun is offline New Member
    well, tan can mask temporaly the redish parts but there is no proven fact that it helps to eliminate acne. but you can't lose anything for trying no?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, tanning has been proven to help acne. The UV helps destroy the bacteria causing the inflammations. It also helps to dry out the skin, helping the skin to slough off properly. It's not an end-all, though. It will not eradicate the bacteria, it will only help. It should be an element of a multi-pronged attack. Many tanning lotions will be counterproductive as they are greasy and clog pores. If we are talking about sunblock, this is especially the case. On the other hand, you do want to protect your skin against premature aging, but then again, if you're prone to acne, you probably have oily skin, and this is not a big concern. If you're talking about a tanning accelerator, to the extent that you can find one that is not oily and does not cause you to break out, it may be okay.

The key is you really must use a good moisturizer after tanning. Same principle applies as when you use an acid or peroxide cleanser - when your skin is dry, your oil glands go into overdrive to compensate.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    lots of tanning will NOT improve acne.....a little bit of sunlight is good for the skin, however too much tanning can cause clogging of the pours and worsen the acne.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Moderate tanning can/will help...yes. It is true to use a moisturizer after tanning though. I go before i workout in the morning, then do cardio. Get home, shower, and use a non-comedogenic moisturizer for acne prone skin.
    That has helped wonders.

The moisturizer contains 2%salicylic acid, which for me doesn't work well alone. But when i combine salicylic acid treatments with 10% benzoyl peroxide, it just destroys my acne. It dries the shlt outta my skin though, so again, the moisturizer is essential!

Olay facial moisturizers are fvcking great, but for a small (4oz i think) bottle it is $22 or thereabouts

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Tanning is great. It hides any inperfections in your skin, and make you look all around healthier. I think it does cut down on acne because it dries you out a little bit. I just use preventative measures against acne regardless of if I have it or not though. I wash twice a day, tan, drink water, take vitamins, and use benzaclin which is a prescription cream, and so far it has worked great.

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    Helped my acne. I think if it wouldnt help my acne i wouldn't give 3 ****s about tanning but since that was the awnser to my prayers. I did antibiotics, tane, and soaps and nothing helped my acne more then tanning.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Yes, tanning has been proven to help acne. The UV helps destroy the bacteria causing the inflammations. It also helps to dry out the skin, helping the skin to slough off properly. It's not an end-all, though. It will not eradicate the bacteria, it will only help. It should be an element of a multi-pronged attack. Many tanning lotions will be counterproductive as they are greasy and clog pores. If we are talking about sunblock, this is especially the case. On the other hand, you do want to protect your skin against premature aging, but then again, if you're prone to acne, you probably have oily skin, and this is not a big concern. If you're talking about a tanning accelerator, to the extent that you can find one that is not oily and does not cause you to break out, it may be okay.

The key is you really must use a good moisturizer after tanning. Same principle applies as when you use an acid or peroxide cleanser - when your skin is dry, your oil glands go into overdrive to compensate.
    I was going to respond, but this is the most perfect answer I have ever heard. It sounds like you have a cosmetology degree? You have alot of knowledge on this subject. We get alot of people that come into my salon just to get rid of acne. It really does help with oily skin.

ya im gonna do this tanning thing in a week or so and its all thanks to that post!!! and im not kidding either !! ha ha

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    Tanning is definately the best route for me. I'm gonna tan now as a matter of fact

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Great thread. I wish there was an acne cure!

Do you guys recommend tanning bed / tanning salon (artificial tanning). Or, are we talking about outside in the sun tanning? How long and what skin protection do you use?

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Some sun is good for the skin because it takes away the impurities. But too much sun-obviously, can worsen the skin. One spring break I went to the beach and got soo burned, my face broke out terribly 2 days later. Now, I put lotion on with at least an SPF factor of 15

ive been tanning for a bout 2 weeks and my acne is clearing up and im fuken happy and my gf likes me darker!! theres 2 +'s

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    what about pro-active solution, it worked for Jessica.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    Moderate tanning can/will help...yes. It is true to use a moisturizer after tanning though. I go before i workout in the morning, then do cardio. Get home, shower, and use a non-comedogenic moisturizer for acne prone skin.
    That has helped wonders.

The moisturizer contains 2%salicylic acid, which for me doesn't work well alone. But when i combine salicylic acid treatments with 10% benzoyl peroxide, it just destroys my acne. It dries the shlt outta my skin though, so again, the moisturizer is essential!

Olay facial moisturizers are fvcking great, but for a small (4oz i think) bottle it is $22 or thereabouts
    whats the name of your moisturizer bro?

jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member
    using emu oil to help get ride of acne marks/black spots. now the company told me to also try taking E pills to help the skin from the inside to repair itself. what are your thoughts on this guys?

I have been going to the pool at my college for a couple of weeks, and I have been having terrible chest/backne prior to that, but tanning without sunscreen for about 45 minutes really dries me out and I am completely cleared up now.

talltanman is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up

Tanning definetly helps woth oily skin.

what if you have the acne on your crotch!!! I cant go around tanning at the pool in the nude. I dont live in europe !! haha just kidding, no i personally feel that tanning without sunscreen for designated times according to natural skin shading, ( for you dumb a$$es im talking about you fair skin ppl) gives a great tan and also dries you out big time. another thing that i find to work it to go swimming during a hot day. the chlorine in the pool has a definate drying effect on the body and will help with the removal of any nasty zits on the body. good luck to y'all

swiimming and tanning beds i use tanning beds and its helped alot exept it doesnt tan your butt crack!!!

alevok Guest
    There is a special tanning lotion for acnes on the face.. it is called "Just Faces" by California Tan.
    Tanning dries out pimples acnes, etc......

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Tanning helps me tremendously with acne, and makes me look a lot better. No more pale muscles

Tanning also helps me incrediblyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for acne. I've been fighting acne on my back for 2 years. This is the best shape I've had it since it started.

Thread Information