Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: tanning pwo?

  1. #1
    getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,220

    tanning pwo?

    sup bros, i read somewhere that it was not a good idea to do a sauna or jacuzzi pwo but i was wondernig if tanning in between pwo shake and ppwo would hurt anything?

  2. #2
    getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,220
    bump bump bump

  3. #3
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    i heard its good but you have to wait 2-3 hours to shower after taning .. but the increased blood flow helps w/ tanning

  4. #4
    getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,220
    ok so it shouldnt play a factor in my pwo nutrition and recovery then right?

  5. #5
    Hypertrophy's Avatar
    Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Getting Fat
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    ok so it shouldnt play a factor in my pwo nutrition and recovery then right?
    Nope, you're OK.

  6. #6
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    It's completely fine....... however I usually tan before I lift just because I don't like sitting in a pool of my own sweat

  7. #7
    getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,220
    thats true lmo

  8. #8
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    It's completely fine....... however I usually tan before I lift just because I don't like sitting in a pool of my own sweat
    ROFL doesnt bother me... but im **** sure it bothers the hottie that has to clean the bed when im done..
    and all this ephedra makes me sweat like a fat kid at recess..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    ROFL doesnt bother me... but im **** sure it bothers the hottie that has to clean the bed when im done..
    and all this ephedra makes me sweat like a fat kid at recess..
    I guess I'm not the only one with that problem.

  10. #10
    Nutz56's Avatar
    Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i heard its good but you have to wait 2-3 hours to shower after taning .. but the increased blood flow helps w/ tanning
    does this mean ALL types of tanning? like, out in the sun naturally tanning? i should wait 2-3 hours? and why's that tai (or anybody else)?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz56
    does this mean ALL types of tanning? like, out in the sun naturally tanning? i should wait 2-3 hours? and why's that tai (or anybody else)?
    I think we mean in a bed. I know I've been told to wait 1hour the minimum to shower after I tan by the employees themselves for better results. Sometimes I wait like 3-4 hours and I get a way better tan then I would if I showered right away (a waste IMO) or an hour later.

  12. #12
    arnoldwannab's Avatar
    arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pitt
    Posts
    482
    I heard is it becasue if you get into the shower right away, you will wash the away the skin that just got tan. but if you wait, there will be time for the new tan to set in.....

  13. #13
    arnoldwannab's Avatar
    arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pitt
    Posts
    482
    I heard is it becasue if you get into the shower right away, you will wash the away the skin that just got tan. but if you wait, there will be time for the new tan to set in.....

  14. #14
    arnoldwannab's Avatar
    arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pitt
    Posts
    482
    I heard is it becasue if you get into the shower right away, you will wash the away the skin that just got tan. but if you wait, there will be time for the new tan to set in.....

  15. #15
    Nutz56's Avatar
    Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I think we mean in a bed. I know I've been told to wait 1hour the minimum to shower after I tan by the employees themselves for better results. Sometimes I wait like 3-4 hours and I get a way better tan then I would if I showered right away (a waste IMO) or an hour later.
    alright. but why would it differ from the bed to being outside? either way it's the uv rays that're tanning your skin, it's just in a bed the rays are a lot more concentrated. right?? so why the difference?

  16. #16
    pyschomab's Avatar
    pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    487
    what is PWO!!

  17. #17
    Nutz56's Avatar
    Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by pyschomab
    what is PWO!!
    if you're serious it's "Post WorkOut" (after your workout).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •