Pump2004 is offline Junior Member

First tanning session help?

I'm about to start getting a tan and have a question about what lotion to use. I have always tanned outside but want to go to a tanning salon this year. Should I start out with a lotion with a sunscreen for the first few times I go to prevent any burning. I usually peel after the first time I tan then I usually don't have any burning problems for the rest of the summer. Any help would be appreciated.

calimuscl is offline New Member
    you are NOT to use regular tanning products in a tanning salon because they have additives that will ruin the acrylic on the beds ... you don't need to wear sunscreen, just go to a reputable salon and tell the front-desk person you're brand new ... depending on how fair your skin is, they'll probably just start you out at 10 minutes, and depending on how you react, increase the time by 1-2 minutes every session. if at any time your skin starts to tingle, stop the bed ... and allow enough time for your skin to recover before going to your next session. good luck!

Pump2004 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks calimuscl. Don't want to get fried first time out.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah and depends on the bed/bulb type. The tanning salon i go to has brand-new bed and bulbs so the maximum time anyone can go in one is 12 minutes. So a new person there would start ouot for around 5 minutes.If you burn easy, tell them and they should set you up with the appropriate time.

Thread Information