Nutz56 is offline Banned

tanning/baby oil???

hi. i was wondering if laying out in the sun to tan, would it be a good idea to use baby oil?? like, just put it on my body while laying out instead of tanning lotion or anything? i did this last summer, like, just laying out or mowing the lawn or whatever, but i'm not sure if i'd get a better tan with baby oil on or without? any suggestions? (and if so, would it be better with little or a lot of baby oil?)

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz56
    hi. i was wondering if laying out in the sun to tan, would it be a good idea to use baby oil?? like, just put it on my body while laying out instead of tanning lotion or anything? i did this last summer, like, just laying out or mowing the lawn or whatever, but i'm not sure if i'd get a better tan with baby oil on or without? any suggestions? (and if so, would it be better with little or a lot of baby oil?)
    LoL,, go for it man,, go for the burn. na, seriously that baby oil will magnify the sun. you will get more of a tan but at what price,

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    my my wife and her girlfreind went out by the pool to tan one day and they had the bright idea to put veg. oil instead of a tanning lotion....lets just say i LMAO at their expense

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I wouldn't use it ina a tanning bed but if you were laying out in the sun you can use it but be careful, you'll burn like a french fry. Mix a little iodine in it as well.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    alright. yeah, i never got too burnt doin it last summer. what would the iodine do in it juggman?

alright. yeah, i never got too burnt doin it last summer. what would the iodine do in it juggman?
    Stains the skin...sort of like Jantana.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Stains the skin...sort of like Jantana.
    sweet. but, i need to know how much... i don't wanna look orange or nothin or like a black dude (no offense to any african americans who may read this thread) so, at what ratio would u recommend? thanks a lot man

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    bump for anybody that knows how much iodine to add??

bump for anybody that knows how much iodine to add??
    Sorry bro, I plum forgot about answering you. It's not an exact science really. Just add a little to it, not enough that you can't read a news paper through it. That help? Rub some on your skin and whip it away, if it stains the skin then you've added too much.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    sweet. well thanks a lot man. i just didn't wanna put too much, but i guess too little really wouldn't hurt anyway, so better less than too much. that is all

beenie is offline Senior Member
    The point of the tanning oil is to cut the UV rays down so you dont burn. If you are fair skinned you will essentially fry in baby oil.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    i'm white, but i got a pretty good olive tint to my skin. like i said, i did this last year while out and never really got burnt at all. i got a lil red on my shoulders, but nothing i'd consider a sunburn

beenie is offline Senior Member
    i'm white, but i got a pretty good olive tint to my skin. like i said, i did this last year while out and never really got burnt at all. i got a lil red on my shoulders, but nothing i'd consider a sunburn
    You are lucky, my friend.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    You are lucky, my friend.
    but, i must tell u... even though i don't get burnt, i peel sometimes. and when i peel, my skin starts peeling in spots, and those spots never connect. so, i look like a d@mned leopard half the time. it really really really really sucks. so, i'm lucky, but at the same time unlucky

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Baby oil is not that great for tanning.

You really have to be careful when you tan.
    People dont know how much they increase their risk of skin cancer when they burn.
    You dont see the effects of that untill 20-30 years later. That is what medical research has proven.

If you want your skin to look healthy and have a good tan then you should use a good tanning lotion.
    You can find them online for pretty cheap, a lot cheaper than the salons and the stores.
    I forget where to get tham. I have so much now that I dont ever need to buy anymore(used to manage a salon of a very good tanning salon chain)

The sun and tanning beds can dry out your skin and make you look like a prune when you get older so you got to take care of your skin and spend a little more $$$ on some good lotion than a cheap bottle of baby oil.
    Remember, you might not notice it now but you will when you get older.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    Baby oil is not that great for tanning.

You really have to be careful when you tan.
    People dont know how much they increase their risk of skin cancer when they burn.
    You dont see the effects of that untill 20-30 years later. That is what medical research has proven.

If you want your skin to look healthy and have a good tan then you should use a good tanning lotion.
    You can find them online for pretty cheap, a lot cheaper than the salons and the stores.
    I forget where to get tham. I have so much now that I dont ever need to buy anymore(used to manage a salon of a very good tanning salon chain)

The sun and tanning beds can dry out your skin and make you look like a prune when you get older so you got to take care of your skin and spend a little more $$$ on some good lotion than a cheap bottle of baby oil.
    Remember, you might not notice it now but you will when you get older.
    alright, what kind of tanning lotion then? like, what would get me the darkest just from being in the sun (don't plan on using any tanning beds)?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    alright, what kind of tanning lotion then? like, what would get me the darkest just from being in the sun (don't plan on using any tanning beds)?

Nothing with carrot extract, cuz that will make you look orange.
    California Tan has a huge line of products, for indoor and outdoor.
    For out door, you can use oils or lotions, the reason oils are not used in tanning beds is because it is impossible to remove from the acrylic.
    DO a search online for tanning.
    You will find lots of stuff.
    I am not sure what the best brand is for tanning under the sun.
    As far as tanning beds is concerned california tan is the best.

pg600rr is offline Junior Member
    use a company called Supre and get any of their line best is the tattoo dark tanning serum good s*#!...

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    i see that supre stuff for 24 bucks for 10 oz... that seems a lil expensive for such a little amount? or is it really not bad? sorry, i've never really shopped for any tanning products, so i have nothing to compare it to. and, would i get the "tattoo regular" or "tattoo smooth bronzer"? thanks y'all

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Ya bronzers are just temporary, cuz it takes about 24 hrs for your tan, so in the mean while you got a bonzer.

If you look a little bit more you could probably find it for about $9.00

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    alright. thanks fellas

Thread Information