dynamike is offline Associate Member

6 months of hair loss!!

OK..well let me frame the story here..38..slightly receding hairline..and it was slight.

I did a 4 month cycle of test prop along with about 8 weeks of d bols..this is not for a critque on the actual cycle itself..

the sides where significant..impotency nearly immediatley..that came back..not such a big deal in the long run...

but looking at a few pictures of myslef i realized that i have a lost a lot of hair in the fron..not a little..sun goes right through it...significant enough i went to a hair replacment place..2 a graft..looked like hacks ...

so..what are some viable options for me?

I have minoxidil..but its such a mess..walking around with crap in my hair it looks bad..do shampoos work?..does anyone know off an affordable hair replacement dr in LA area?...do the shampoos work?..is there something i the supplementary world ?

having been off the cycle for exactly six months i would say it wasnt worth it..yes i gained a ton of size..my strength is amazing..etc..but...id not do it simply due to the hair loss..least not test prop..fellas i trust the ar review..i really really need help with this..its really bumbing me out...confidence is skrewed up etc..its happened in six months so you can imagine..thanks again..

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Look into finasteride, Nizoral shampoo, and only use minoxidil at night if it causes cosmetic problems.

4.00 per graft is as cheap as the good ones come. Start saving, if you plan on using AAS in the future, it may be worth the money.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    finasteride/dutasteride/proscar and topical Nizoral shampoo. These DEFINITELY work. There's other stuff around that's more debatable. $4 a graft is a good price. I think $3 per graft is too low budget. I don't think a competent place would be that cheap.

hey fellas..i literally ran out the door to three drug stores to get the shampoo..I found Nizorol..but didnt buy it...It reads that it is for dandruff and some other hair condition..talk to the pharmacist he says it does nothing for hair loss..can someone validate claims of Nizorol?

On the other side of the things I bought a pair of clippers and decided it'd be easier to not look at it the loss...you really should know what clip you wanna use b4 you do the middle of the head..lol..what a jack ass I am..

I did alittle more research and found many of my questions..as I should of done prior to asking..this is a post started by the iron game..I found it highly informative

Steroids & Hair Loss

When talking about hairloss the first point to be remembered is that every individual will be effected in different ways to different steroids. The most important factor is whether or not you are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness. This can be done by following the family history in the older male generation in your direct family. If you are not predisposed naturally you have the potential of not being effected by steroids, if you are then you are not so lucky and the use of steroids is likely to speed up the process of becoming bald.

Even if you are predisposed there are alot of precautions that can be taken when using steroids to slow down or prevent the hair from falling out. These will be talked about below in general and with specific steroids. Remember certain treatments may be effective with some steroids but may actually speed up the loss when combined with others.

If you are worried about losing hair when cycling it is better to stack items that you know are safe and not to go overboard. It will be difficult to anticipate which steroid is causing the hair loss when using numerous steroids or using ones that havent been used before.

How do you know when you are losing hair? There are several ways to monitor hairloss and when it is starting. Firstly when you wake up examine the sheets and the pillows and determine whether or not there is excess hair there. Also when taking a shower or a bath monitor your hair going down the drain. Another dead give away is an itchyness of the head which can be quite irritating.

There are so many questions asking if primo or deca or anavar will cause hairloss. These questions are pointless in the sense that while primo may be ok for 70 or 80% of the people in can cause devestating consequences in the fewer who may not have the problem on testosterone . It is also dependent on the dose but for sure if higher doses are causing hairloss then so are smaller doses but just not as rapid.

Testosterone: The King of All

Unfortunately this King has known to bring rapid hairloss in large numbers of individuals. The good thing is that hairloss can be controlled very effectively when using finasteride (propecia, proscar). Finasteride inhibits the 5AR enzyme which is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to DHT. For this reason finasteride will work when used with steroids that convert to dht via the 5AR enzyme. On to dHT, in a nut shell it is both hard on the hair as well as to the prostate. Saw Palmetto (SP) is another good prostate relief as well as being very cheap and is also said to reduce dht conversion from testosterone. On precaution if predisposed it is not wise to mix nandrolone with testosterone.

Deca: Hmmmmm

What can be said about this steroid. There is so much misconception that deca is the safest steroid, both on the hair and on the body. Let the myths lie. Although deca does not convert to DHT it does converts to DHN. DHN is less androgenic than deca. The more androgenic the more likely to cause hairloss but this is somewhat a generalisation as androgenic activity is not the only influence of hair loss. Proscar and deca do not mix well. The reason for this was touched upon above "For this reason finastride will work when used with steroids that convert to dht via the 5AR enzyme." Now if the conversion of nandrolone to DHN is prevented then there is more active nandrolone (which is by far more androgenic than nandrolone. If you are noticing hairloss when on deca it is best to discontinue use.

Spironolactone or flutamide (applied topically) are effective in treating and limiting some damage on the hairline. They are both said to compete with the steroid used for androgen receptors located in the scalp.

DHT Derivatives

Winstrol does not convert to DHT although it is a DHT derivative, this is also the case with primobolan . To Finasteride or not to finastride? Well I mentioned above that Finasteride will only work to prevent the conversion of DHT by the 5AR enzyme. It wont do much to reduce hair loss on these because they are already a DHT derivitives. The hairloss is much to do with it stimulating the androgen receptors in the scalp.The best way to treat hair problems on these steroids are with Spironolactone or flutamide. Nizorol shampoo (or similar) is also good to some extent. Dont be fooled by either winstrol or primo. They can both be quite harsh on the hair.

Lastly there are certain topical solutions that can be used to try and bring about regrowth of hair.

Peace

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Nizoral has been studied formally and showed to increase the diameter of existing hairs through what is to be believed as a slight increase in the growth cycle.

If you want the loss to stop (it is continuing at a slower rate when you are off) then get on proscar (1.25mg per day / split the pill into 4 pieces and take 1 per day).

Also, I could not use store bought minoxidil/rogaine. About 7% of people have scalp irritation. There is a Dr. that makes a minoxidil with less of the ingredient that caauses the irritation and it also drys faster and is less greasy. Slightly more expensive but worth every penny to me. www.minoxidil.com. You might want to try it becuase it is more manageable.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamike
    hey fellas..i literally ran out the door to three drug stores to get the shampoo..I found Nizorol..but didnt buy it...It reads that it is for dandruff and some other hair condition..talk to the pharmacist he says it does nothing for hair loss..can someone validate claims of Nizorol?

On the other side of the things I bought a pair of clippers and decided it'd be easier to not look at it the loss...you really should know what clip you wanna use b4 you do the middle of the head..lol..what a jack ass I am..
    you want 2% nizorol.. and you can get it over the net..

the stuff in the store is 1% if i'm not mistaken
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    you want 2% nizorol..
    1% will work:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/html/nizoral1study.cfm

Do you need a script for proscar?

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    No, you can get it online

Many thanks for the input here...i knew nothing about Nizirol till I asked here..and have been using it for two days now..as well as the minoxidil i bought in the summer from our sponsor in addittion I am using Spironolactone..

after reading all this info..I could have prevented much of the loss had I actuallynoticed it was happening..i thought it was but wasnt really sure...thought it was normal...but then...a few photos told the truth..screwed up ...

my additional research has me inclined to think that test isnt to good for me...and perhaps if I was to go at it again..it should be anavar and deca ..of course everyone reacts differently..but i do know that i wont be using aany more enanthate and prop..not good for me at all..size and strength yes..sides..no

looks like a trip south of the border..thanks again fellas..any other input is certainly appreciated... perhaps an idea of where to get proscar? cant find it with our sponsor..thanks fellas

sp9
    I started losing hair at 20. 1990, there wasn't any board like this for help. You're luckier than me. Haha Don't think proscar was released til 92 (might be wrong) and minoxidil was 2% only and by perscription. propecia came out in 1997, I jumped on the bad wagon in 1998.

looks like a trip south of the border..thanks again fellas..any other input is certainly appreciated... perhaps an idea of where to get proscar? cant find it with our sponsor..thanks fellas

Liquid-finasteride. It can be found on ARR.

I was thinking of the pill form..but yes it is on there ...

a little additional info on finasteride for those who may not know..best to be informed b4 hand..

Chemical Name: FINASTERIDE (fi-NAS-teer-ide)

Proscar is used to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).

Side Effects:
    SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while taking this medication include impotence, decreased libido and decreased volume of ejaculate.

CastorTroy is offline Junior Member
    It may also be worth mentioning but pregnant women should not use finasteride or even touch the tablets as it can be absorbed through the skin and it's known to cause abnormal growth of the genitals in baby boys before they are born.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Nizoral is an anti-dandruff/anti fungal shampoo, but its ingredients are also proven to thicken hair, remove DHT from the scalp to a small extent and its a very mild shampoo that u can use without being too harsh on your hair, i use the 2% Nizoral i got online for 6months now and its working great for my mild hair thinning, but for faster or more serious hairloss u need to look into propecia/finasteride and minoxidil too, minoxidil has no color or smell, its not that bad cosmetically, by using all three u will be able to hold on to alot of hair until u can afford a hair transplant, they are currently in the final steps of doing hair transplants using lab duplicated hairs, that way they can take only a few hairs from u and make them into hundreds which they can transplant and they wont ever fall off!! its a few years away from being available to the public, but FDA and medical practice rules are strict and stuff needs to be tested over years before approval.

AVAGO is offline Member

Thumbs up

Do you need a script for proscar?

Check the site sponser for finasteride same job.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy
    It may also be worth mentioning but pregnant women should not use finasteride or even touch the tablets as it can be absorbed through the skin and it's known to cause abnormal growth of the genitals in baby boys before they are born.

Thats a good thing isnt it lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Thats a good thing isnt it lol j/k

Unless the "abnormal growth" are roots growing out of your crank like a potato.

batfink0 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=dynamike]OK..well let me frame the story here..38..slightly receding hairline..and it was slight.

I did a 4 month cycle of test prop along with about 8 weeks of d bols..this is not for a critque on the actual cycle itself..
    QUOTE]

Hard not to Critque...That's a long and strong cycle bro..

Logan13 is offline Banned

finasteride

I was thinking of the pill form..but yes it is on there ...

a little additional info on finasteride for those who may not know..best to be informed b4 hand..

Chemical Name: FINASTERIDE (fi-NAS-teer-ide)

Proscar is used to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).

Side Effects:
    SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while taking this medication include impotence, decreased libido and decreased volume of ejaculate.
    Can any of you give me your experiences with the side effects of finasteride. Does it effect your libido through a channel other than what test does?

Thread Information