Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Tanning for very fair skinned

I am the typical viking. Red bear, VERY pale skinn, blond hair ect. I get sunburn from just looking at a beach.

I have started tanning now and first week I did 15 minutes in one day. The week after I did 15 minutes on wendsday adn 15 minutes on sunday. My question is is this a bit to much? Im a bit red now and my skin is tingling like from a very light burn.

Should I instead do 10 minutes twice a week or once a week 15 minutes?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Take it slowly as possible and work up in small increments. I have pretty dark skin and I start out with 10 mins and work up to 20 over a month or two going a few times a week. I know it seems like a hassle o drive all the way to the tanning place for a 5 or 10 minute job but do it anyway.

I guess you right. Starting slow is better then getting skin cancer

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    to be honest, if you're a total aryan it's better to just put some insta-tanner on your face every day- it'll look way better than being all red and it's better for your skin. some peeps just can't tan.

alevok Guest
    Bro I am a tanning saloon owner and I recommend 10min max for first 3 sessions, then 15 another 3 sessions and 20 at the final for light skin people. Always use special tanning cream, that helps to accelerate tanning and your tan lasts longer. Drink carrot juice, that helps.....
    Moisture your skin after each tanning session....

I'm very pale myself but last year when I started going tanning I got very brown did 1 session a week medium bed for about 2 months always using lotion, after that I'd get maybe one session a month and retain a lot of color. I'd also always use "Hemp" lotion right after the shower and after the tan...

Bliss is offline Junior Member
    im the same way.... British blood
    take it slow.... MAKE SURE TO MOISTURIZE!!!!!! ESPECIALLY if you get burnt

I am finaly getting some color after a couple of weeks of tanning now. I have burned myself a gazzilion time though argh. Always when they change the lights in the beeds I get burned

I dont tan naked, yesterday I pulled my boxers down a bit more then usual when I tanned and now half my ass is scorching

brettdawge is offline New Member
    If you have ever seen pictures of people who have had bad skin cancer, you probably would never want to see the sun again... Especially if ur as pale as i am. Stick with the fake stuff.

LL08 is offline Member
    yeah fake tan is great and something to look forward to is Melanotan I from epitan. Should be great for prevention of skin cancer if they ever release it!

-LL

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Slow, my man. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaal slow.

As in... with your skin, I'd start with like 5-7 minutes. Give it a few days off and put on aloe all over twice a day. The healing power of aloe is amazing. The combination of starting very slow and lots of aloe did wonders for me. I used to be extremely pale, and burned very easily.
    \
    At some point in college, I found that if I went out for just a few minutes, and slathered on the aloe for a few days, then back out... anyway it started to build up a pigment base.

I'm still no latino, but I've got a nice color to my skin now, and I STILL would never spend more than 15 minutes in one of these modern 20 minute beds. The bulbs are just TOO intense. At the place I go, ALL the people who work there look bad... as in too much sun bad.

Work up real slow, and use TONS of aloe all over every day... you just may surprise yourself.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    to be honest, if you're a total aryan it's better to just put some insta-tanner on your face every day- it'll look way better than being all red and it's better for your skin. some peeps just can't tan.
    so true. i am one of those people. just cannot tan. bro, neutrogena sunless lotion or panama jack medium. those are the s h i t. decent color without looking fake.

Thread Information