Thread: Torn muscle

iwillsleepwhenidie is offline Junior Member

Torn muscle

so i started the doggcrap training method, and have been going at it for about two months now with amazing results!!!!! i am 5'11 282 pound with about 15% bodyfat. ok enough about me, has anyone on this thread ever torn a calf muscle. when you do the calf portion of the doggcrap method you have a very slow negative and stay statically stretched for 10-20 seconds before completing your next rep. this methoed actually works good, i saw growth which is nearly impossible on my calves. but the next day at work i stepped up on a curb and POW it felt like someone kicked my in the back of my calf. the doctor told me after an mri i had torn my gastrocnemious (sp) about a fourth of the way.he said that i don't need surgery but will have to complete physical therapy before i can be released back to full strength. has anyone ever had an injury like this before and if so how long did it take for you to get back to 100%. thanks

Arai is offline New Member
    have torn my hammies a few times before - pretty much had to do gentle ranging and stretching at the beginning of it, ice it after activity - no loading at that time. Few weeks in started to knead it out to not get too many knots and shit, more stretching and some very light load (e.g. bodyweight s-leg deads), then more kneading, more stretching and progressively more load as it goes on - took me around 2-3 months to get better but I've had a lot of hammie issues so they weren't in the best shape when it happened to begin with.. good luck! Just don't force anything out of it especially not in the first few weeks

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Good luck with your injury.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Partial tore my right calf playing bball. Samething kinda, I was running down the court and a guy barely touched my right calf with his shin and it exploded on me it seemed. Felt like the worst cramp ever. Stretched it out and played the rest of the game. Later that night I saw it balled up on one side. Went to the doc, said I had partial tore the outer portion of my calf. Since I was young I recovered pretty quickly. Just take you time and dont try to push anything.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information