Monocycline vs Tetracycline

I've been using Tetracycline but I got introduced to Monocycline by a friend. It's pretty expensive so I'd like to know what you guys think? Discuss.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Its actually minocycline, and im on it now, and have been on it for the past 3-4 years. Old derm had me on 75mg tabs twice a day, AM and PM, and it worked extremely well. Kept the oil WAY down. Now im on 100mg once a day, and it keeps the oil down also, but not as well as 75mg twice per day. The brand name (Dynacin) is extremely expensive, works out to about $4.30 per 75mg pill. The generic minocycline is much cheaper and just as effective.

I absolutely love teh stuff.

My apologies...Minocycline. Yeah, I heard its expensive. I'm getting charged 1.50$ a capsule. I'm guessing that the generic? Do you recommend Minocycline rather then Tetracycline? Have you ever used Tetracycline?

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    sorry, but isn't tetracycline "the pill" (birth control)?? if so, what do y'all use this for?

LOL, no! Tetracycline is an antibiotic. That was funny though! Imagine me taking the pill.................Oh wait, I'm about to...TEST!

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    hey, sorry bro. i didn't know. my ex used to be on the pill and i thought that's what it was called. haha, and that's why i asked, i thought it was sorta funny to think about y'all takin birth control. thought maybe it had somethin to do with supressing estrogen or some crazy sh!t.

Lol Naw man! I knew you didn't know thats why I thought it was funny. Tetracycline is used for acne.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    just googled it and found out it's called "ortho tri-cyclen"... so see, it's sorta close. haha. my fault. get back to ur talk about whatever the fvck it was. sorry for the half-hijack bros

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    just googled it and found out it's called "ortho tri-cyclen"... so see, it's sorta close. haha. my fault. get back to ur talk about whatever the fvck it was. sorry for the half-hijack bros

niXon)( is offline Member
    im on minocyclyn or whatever 100mg day now. i read in a mag you should take 500mg of it until it starts going down, it was in MD. I thought that was wierd since when i got it the doc has only put me on 2 pills a days, which is 200mg not even close to 500+. but yeah they work

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    Im taking tetracycline too 250mg pills, 1 daily

I'm taking 3 capsules. I just got 90 more today. Hope that helps, my face is allready pealing.

sauceman19 is offline Junior Member
    ive been on and off minocycline for about 2 or 3 years now... it kept my face clear of acne very well but i still broke out a lil on my shoulders when i was on cycle.. i was takin 100mg everyday

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I've been using Tetracycline but I got introduced to Monocycline by a friend. It's pretty expensive so I'd like to know what you guys think? Discuss.
    If you are currently using tetracycline and it is working than there is no reason to switch. Usually dematolgists use minocyn when tetracycline stops working or is ineffective.

WaldoUFC31 is offline New Member
    My derm put me on Minocycline 75mg 2x/day, Tretinion cream PM, and Benzaclin cream AM when I was on my last cycle.... also, going to the tanning bed helped a lot when I was on my last cycle. My skin was really dry for the first few weeks, but ever since it has been very clear.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    I'm In uk I get retin a gel and doxicylline sorry if I spelt the tabs wrong all the best slim

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I got a little somewhere with Doxy and Lymecycline, but nothing compared to Accutane (Isotretinoin).

Thread Information