AAU America Jr. is offline New Member

2 week on Accutane

ON 40mg/day.....My acne got way better the first week, 50% cleared up... then I broke up really bad this 2nd week. I hear thats normal from what all the people who have taken it say, and that is should be getting better soon enough. The only thing is, all the spots that were raised up cysts, have broken up because the accutane is forcing all the puss and whiteheads out (doing what it's supposed to do) and I have scabs all over my chest that break open everytime I take a shower. Anyone got any help for this? And well they heal up and go away soon? Thanks

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I'm currently on 40mg ED of Accutane too. Basically the first month it just makes your acne 1000000x worse than it was. But as you reach weak 5-6 it starts to slowly clear up. As for the scabs on your chest, you need lotion! Make sure you keep your skin moisturized, on your whole body. Don't wait for it to get dry to moisturize. Good luck and keep us posted on the acne

Yeah I just got some aquaphor and have been putting that on, it seems to keep the dry skin away. I rub it around my scabs with a q-tip, but as far as putting anything liquid type substance on the scabs, they just bust open again. I cant even work out the **** has gotten so bad, never touching the gear again.

ScreaM is offline Associate Member
    I finished 6 months of accutane about 4 months ago. For dry stuff, wash your body alot, and ask for alotta lotion from you Doc (they got the best stuff) You well look alot better when you get off, but Ive started hittin the weights again, and I notice im starting to break out again. I THINK this is from a raise in test??? but im not sure. But good luck, it works well

Hey scream, are you on the gear again? Thats a reason why you could be breaking out or maybe you need a second course of tane. Also how long did it take before you noticed you are really starting to clear up? I hear a lof of people saying month 1 sucks and by week 6 you are pretty cleared up... any truth to that?

Thread Information