18 and losing hair...HELP!

I am only 18 years old, and have no history of hair loss in my family, dad, and grandfather have full heads of hair, I have only done 2 cycles of prohormones, 1 right with PCT (ended 2months ago), and now I am able to run my fingers through my hair and every time a couple come out. My mom even said I am getting "thin" in areas when I went home from college. I am switching my shampoo tommorrow, but if that doesnt work I am going to get NIZORAL shampoo. I am wondering if it needs to be 2% to work because many people have mixed reviews. I would rather not pay internet shipping fees from canada if I dont have to...

bump

somebody needs to know the answer to this, do I need 2% Nizoral, or is the 1% worth trying at first... I just dont want to waste 15$ if the 1% doesnt do anything

seanw is offline Banned
    Whats Nizoral going to do ? I thought it was used to treat Dandruff, we use it in the tropics to kill skin fungus as well. Never knew it could restore hair. You need to get Regain or something like that

HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member
    I don't know how much the shampoo will do for you bro, you might want to consider propecia or proscar but that would require a prescription. I think there is another drug out there that is supposed to be a little stronger than those two. These drugs will decrease the DHT production, and therefore decrease hair fallout. Check out some of the other threads on this topic, there is plenty of good information already posted about this earlier.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    For hairloss:

Nizoral 1 or 2%= Weak

Nizoral 1 or 2% + Propecia, Proscar, or Avodart = Very Good

Nizoral 1 or 2% + Propecia, Proscar, or Avodart + Minoxidil/Rogaine 5% = Excellent

dknyspe is offline Junior Member
    Wait a second, I've read all over boards that Nizoral in the long run will thicken exisiting hairs and slow any hairloss associated with DHT. Just do a search on google of Nizoral+hair loss and you should get a ton of hits.

As far as I know the 1% is fine, just use it 2-4 times a week and leave it on for 3-5minutes.

Make sure you use a conditioner as the **** is harsh on the skin of your scalp.

And remember, it is long-term not short-term.

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by dknyspe
    Wait a second, I've read all over boards that Nizoral in the long run will thicken exisiting hairs and slow any hairloss associated with DHT.
    Yes there are studies on this. The conclusion was that it is about as effective as 2% minoxidil. Adding Minoxidil 5% and a DHT blocker will give cumulative returns and show the maximum benefit with what is available today.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    just give up shave ur head and wait fotr the cure imo

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    since you are noticing it at 18 i would def. start propecia, nizoral, and rogain 5%.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You really need to see a Doctor..At 18, other then in rare cases, is thinning normal..Hairloss can be caused by several existing factors..You may have an underlying skin condition, stress, poor blood supply to the follicle chambers, an allergy, etc..You need to start from ground zero before you start jumping on different medications, be it topical or oral, and then get a clearer picture of the cause of the hairloss..You may be one of these rare cases or it could be something else that is easily treatable..

Good Luck- Doc M

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    I am only 18 years old, and have no history of hair loss in my family, dad, and grandfather have full heads of hair, I have only done 2 cycles of prohormones, 1 right with PCT (ended 2months ago), and now I am able to run my fingers through my hair and every time a couple come out. My mom even said I am getting "thin" in areas when I went home from college. I am switching my shampoo tommorrow, but if that doesnt work I am going to get NIZORAL shampoo. I am wondering if it needs to be 2% to work because many people have mixed reviews. I would rather not pay internet shipping fees from canada if I dont have to...

dude you also loose like 100 hairs/day!

Montano is offline New Member
    I've been going through the same problem but I'm 23 and my family has a history of MPB. I am taking proscar which hasnt kicked in yet but I've heard excellent results from it. I am about to order the nizoril 1% b/c I heard that works fine. Just keep taking roids bro, haha!!

sp9
    Doc M is def. right. You should have a doc, maybe a dermatologist look at you. I started thinning at 20. Some of my brother-in laws nephews were seriuolsy receeding and thinning like crazy at your age from Male Pattern Baldness.

Best to know for sure.

test is best is offline Associate Member
    just shave it bro,you will be a cue ball in a couple years,if you start shaving now
    people wont notice it as much

Quote Originally Posted by test is best
    just shave it bro,you will be a cue ball in a couple years,if you start shaving now
    people wont notice it as much
    haha, thanks bro, really makes me feel good

Bliss is offline Junior Member
    what about nioxin ???

a female friend of mine had a patch of hair fall out.... just small so dont laugh at her.... she used nioxin products and the hair grew back

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    first thing to do is to stop thinking and especially stressing about it. Im sure it doesnt help to have your own mother comment on it, sorry bro. Have your physician give you an opinion if you get a chance, and in the meantime start using the 2% niz shampoo and start studying propecia/finasteride to see if it may be right for you and you are ready for the commitment. hard decisions that young, but i went through that...hell, younger. All in all, i found the combo which was right for me and i am very happy with my hair.

Thread Information