notus is offline Member

What shouild I try next to stop acne.

What would you guys try next to get rid of acne. I tried dawn and it worked for a week or so, i tried retin-a topical and it didn't work at all. I am now on tetracycaline it has been about three weeks and there is no sign that it is improving. If I dont get it taken care of pretty quick I will have scars.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    benzaclin and clindamicin (sp) work well for me. I also wash my face with neutragena soap.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    witchhazel works good, that stuff proactive is relly good also, just gotta wash ur face 3 times a day,each time do it with an oil free acne soap, then scrub with witchazel, this should do wonders, if u got the dough, go for proactive

notus is offline Member
    Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I have used proactive. I'll try witch hazel and see if I can get my hands on benzaclin and clindamicin (sp).

UNTOUCHABLE is offline Junior Member
    I put 90% rubbing alcohol in a spray and wipe down the infected areas and wash with dawn. It works for me.

Good kuck bro.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notus
    Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I have used proactive. I'll try witch hazel and see if I can get my hands on benzaclin and clindamicin (sp).

there is witch hazel in the green bottle of proactiv.....

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    BenzaClyn prescription but it works great for me!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    What would you guys try next to get rid of acne. I tried dawn and it worked for a week or so, i tried retin-a topical and it didn't work at all. I am now on tetracycaline it has been about three weeks and there is no sign that it is improving. If I dont get it taken care of pretty quick I will have scars.
    It takes tetracycline a while to kick in and you shouldn't use dairy products while taking it. If you dont get results your dermotologist can be of far greater help than anyone on this board. You saw hoim for the tetracycline, right/ Hasn't he scheduled a follow up visit with you?

berniec is offline Junior Member
    tazorac works great too, its a cream u need a script for but good shit

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    dawn dishwashing soap the anti bacterial kinda works great for my back and shoulders, dont use it on my face but only somtimes due to it drys it out quit a bit but i suggested one of my buds try it and hes been using it on his face, back etc. and said it has worked wonders for him, give it a shot bro and good luck

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    It takes tetracycline a while to kick in and you shouldn't use dairy products while taking it. If you dont get results your dermotologist can be of far greater help than anyone on this board. You saw hoim for the tetracycline, right/ Hasn't he scheduled a follow up visit with you?
    no, i didnt see a dermatoligist to get my tetra. I had a prescription written over the internet and filled it in a nearby town.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    no, i didnt see a dermatoligist to get my tetra. I had a prescription written over the internet and filled it in a nearby town.
    Wow, that is pretty scarry. Has it started working now? If not I would strongly reccomend that you see a dermotologist in person.

PInk FLoyd is offline Junior Member
    I tried a ton of stuff, nothing topical, ive done tetracycaline, docicycaline, and another -cycaline that started with a C, and had no improvments whatsoever. Then I got a perscription for accutane, and almost 8 months later, totally cleared. Though ive had acne for like 6 months pre accutane, and now I do not have scars so.. Maybe you should give it a thought.

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Wow, that is pretty scarry. Has it started working now? If not I would strongly reccomend that you see a dermotologist in person.
    No it hasnt started working so I will probably go see a dermatologist and try to get some accutane or something.

Thread Information