Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Tanning for competition

Well im a day away from 9 weeks out now. Anyone with contest experience know how many weeks i need to give myself to tan? I usually avoid going in the sun so i dont tan normally so this may be a factor.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Well im a day away from 9 weeks out now. Anyone with contest experience know how many weeks i need to give myself to tan? I usually avoid going in the sun so i dont tan normally so this may be a factor.
    haha ya pale limey bugger.
    if your that white your probably gonna wanna start of slow...at about 10minutes a go. then up the next week, but its pricey so dependant on your keesh and how you respond you'll probably need about 6 or 7 tans to be a nice tint of brun

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Yo Prime...

9 weeks out...start tanning now. As Dally said, you should start slow...there is, however, no need to increase the time you spend in the sun.

15 minutes, rotating sides and changing positions, is enough.

More than that puts you at risk for sun-burn...and sun-burn will put your physique 2 weeks back contest-prep-wise. Sunburn causes edema (water pooling under the skin)..and there's no treatment for sunburn, but to wait til the skin heals.

Stop tanning at least 5 days before your competition...any later and you risk holding water.

Make sure you shave before tanning...as body hair will make the tanning process less effective.

Emulate poses while tanning...that'll give you even coverage in hard-to reach areas (arm-pits etc)

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Yo Prime...

9 weeks out...start tanning now. As Dally said, you should start slow...there is, however, no need to increase the time you spend in the sun.

15 minutes, rotating sides and changing positions, is enough.

More than that puts you at risk for sun-burn...and sun-burn will put your physique 2 weeks back contest-prep-wise. Sunburn causes edema (water pooling under the skin)..and there's no treatment for sunburn, but to wait til the skin heals.

Stop tanning at least 5 days before your competition...any later and you risk holding water.

Make sure you shave before tanning...as body hair will make the tanning process less effective.

Emulate poses while tanning...that'll give you even coverage in hard-to reach areas (arm-pits etc)
    cheers bro. Diddnt want to shave as i get stubblerash good advice tho.

Thread Information