Thread: spray tan

nixonc is offline Junior Member

spray tan

has anybody used spray tan beds and are they any good..

thanks

nixonc

furiousburn is offline Junior Member
    Spray tanning happens in a booth, not a bed. I've never used one but I train people who have. Where I live it's about $25 a visit they have discounts if you buy more visits but it's still way more expensive than UV tanning. You stand naked in a booth with a hair net on and literally have color sprayed on your body (I think they're vegetable based dyes). From what I've seen (because the place near me uses the same color on everyone), darker skinned people look alright at first, more fair skinned people can have a tan that looks a lot like make up. The thing is, it is applied to the top layer of skin so as that dead skin sheds, so does the tan. I've never seen anyone shed their "tan" evenly - they end up looking splotchy. Often I've noticed that hands, elbows (places where skin is generally drier) look darker than the rest of the person - almost look dirty. It's supposed to last for up to two weeks, but it hasn't on the three different people I know. It won't keep you from getting a sunburn when you are outside, imo since I tan to dry up acne, I'm not interested in clogging my pores with spray on stuff. To each his own; it will make your skin "darker". Again, I've never done it myself so maybe someone who has will comment but personally I'll stick with the ultra violet rays and yes, I wear protective eyewear.

smoky1977 is offline Junior Member
    I getted air brushed with the spray on tan and you get instant results! It only last about a wk! So I go in once a wk and have a goodlooking girl at a tanning shop spray me down. What nice about the airbrush is you can ask for darker or lighter. I pay 3 sprays for $70 not to bad for getting sprayed once a week! Before you get sprayed you need to have an soap scrub and wash yourself REALLY good and shave any areas you want shaved before you go in! Works for me!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    They have this service at Malibu Tans where I go, but I can never do it.

I sweat too d*mn much, especially while working out. Supposedly they say that it doesn't come off on clothes or run, but that's bullshit. Anything that is topical and is a "stain" of sorts, will run/bleed onto clothing when under heat.

~SC~

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Hollywood Tans in our area has the spray booth as well as hand spray on the tanner. It doesn't run, although Im sure I don't sweat like a guy, but it wears off slowly and i've never seen stains on my clothes.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I sweat too d*mn much, especially while working out. Supposedly they say that it doesn't come off on clothes or run, but that's bullshit. Anything that is topical and is a "stain" of sorts, will run/bleed onto clothing when under heat.

~SC~
    So true. I remember using a fake tanning product called "Fake Bake". The colour is actually very good. It says it does not come off in water, etc, but when i sweated my ass off you could see it running down my face and when i wiped my head with the towel, it was all over the fuvking towel! It looked like i had wiped my ass with it.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    So true. I remember using a fake tanning product called "Fake Bake". The colour is actually very good. It says it does not come off in water, etc, but when i sweated my ass off you could see it running down my face and when i wiped my head with the towel, it was all over the fuvking towel! It looked like i had wiped my ass with it.
    thats to bad bro,,

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    hahah, ya that s*it is only good if you know your not going to sweat otherwise its pointless because it washes right off.

smoky1977 is offline Junior Member
    whats running off of you is the bronzer and it is supposed too. Thats why after you get the spray you dont do anything like shower and workout, nothing that is gonna make you sweat.

Then the next morning you take a shower the bronzer will wash off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    He is right with that!

Phixion is offline New Member
    I have a relative who owns a tanning salon so I see a lot of people going to do spray tans as well as the lay down bulb beds.....

Never do the booth spray tans done by a machine-usually the tanning solution is cheap quality which is why it runs off when you sweat....plus it doesnt get the hard to hit areas....It's like putting on make up....

Spray tans are good only if it's an air brush done by an actual person and if the solution is high qulity. Ask them the solution brand then look it up before you do the spray tan.....A good solution will run at least $100 per gallon, and it won't run off no matter how much you sweat or shower...over the weeks you will slowly loose the color, just like any natural tan...

Personally I've done the spray tan....it works well for special occasions, like a date planned the day before...I worked out even went in the pool and it didnt run (because it was high quality solution) but if you want a more natural feeling afterward, as if you just got out of the sun then go with the lamped beds....the bulbs stimulate the melanocytes in your skin to produce more melanin giving you the golden natural tan similar to the sun....

Thread Information