Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sun beds,

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

sun beds,

How much of a risk do you think sunbeds are in terms of skin cancer….how often do you use them..

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Aside from the medical facts. Depends solely on your skin type/deposition. I go 3-4 times per wk. Most of the time WO protection Very hard for me to burn(genitics). Tanning is also nice because i don't like a white a**.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i go one once a week for 9 minute's don't wan't to **** my skin up. But one of my mate's go's on 4 time's a week at 12 minute's a go

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I would say it's fate that decides if you ever get skin cancer along with being on it constantly year in year out.
    I go on about 3-4 times a week for 9 mins a time. I use a bronzing, hemp accelerator from Australian Gold. It really helps with the tanning process and moisturises the skin too. I also moisturise after ever tanning session.

I use them 1-2 week 10 mins a go,, the reason I asked this question was that someone I no was out in the garden in the sun for 1 day, he was very white not had much sun exposure, and 2 weeks later he’s in hospital with skin cancer they gave him 3 months to live….im like $hit…it started as a dark patch on is back and spread from their..

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I use them 1-2 week 10 mins a go,, the reason I asked this question was that someone I no was out in the garden in the sun for 1 day, he was very white not had much sun exposure, and 2 weeks later he’s in hospital with skin cancer they gave him 3 months to live….im like $hit…it started as a dark patch on is back and spread from their..

was he fair skined ?

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    was he fair skined ?
    yes very....

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Not as muxh as I used to.

Am sorry to hear about your friend bro. Lifes a bit*h sometimes and i would say he was one of those "unlucky" ones. Its very strange that this happened by only being out in the sun for a day. He must have had very very fair, sensitive skin, that obviously did not like sun exposure.
    Last edited by MatrixGuy; 06-18-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Matto20 is offline Member
    I am sorry to hear about your friend, and tragedy like that is always depressing to hear. However, though skin cancer can destroy lives and maim survivors, the actual dangers and risks behind the sun and UV rays have been ridiculously exaggerated (with the help of business-savvy Sunscreen producers).

Melanoma - the only life threatening form of skin cancer - constitutes a VERY LOW percentage of skin cancer cases. Most forms of skin cancer are non-malignant and easily treatable (though they can often leave scarring). Even Melanoma, the most dangerous form of skin cancer, is easily curable when treated early. Unfortunately not everyone is sensible enough to go to the doctor when they have irregularly growing and bleeding moles on their skin. This is could almost be described as simple Darwinism, and results with 1/6 of those with Melanoma dying as a result.

The fact is, UV light and natural sunlight have benefits that outweigh their risks (vitamin D production being most obvious) - though people should NOT go to the extreme where they burn or even redden their skin. It has been scientifically proven that using combinations of anti-oxidant creams/lotions/moisturizers (such as Vitamin E/C/K concoctions, green tea formulas, etc.) - all can prevent and inhibit the prevalence of free radicals in the skin, inherently preventing the cellular cause for aging, mutation, and cancer that the Sun and UV rays are blamed for. There have been numerous studies that back that notion. I could run a search and post some as examples, but I'd rather not do everyone's homework.

Thanx for the good info bro.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I go about 5 times a week and depending on whether I'm standing or laying, it depends on the length of time, laying is 20 min and standing is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    I am sorry to hear about your friend, and tragedy like that is always depressing to hear. However, though skin cancer can destroy lives and maim survivors, the actual dangers and risks behind the sun and UV rays have been ridiculously exaggerated (with the help of business-savvy Sunscreen producers).

Melanoma - the only life threatening form of skin cancer - constitutes a VERY LOW percentage of skin cancer cases. Most forms of skin cancer are non-malignant and easily treatable (though they can often leave scarring). Even Melanoma, the most dangerous form of skin cancer, is easily curable when treated early. Unfortunately not everyone is sensible enough to go to the doctor when they have irregularly growing and bleeding moles on their skin. This is could almost be described as simple Darwinism, and results with 1/6 of those with Melanoma dying as a result.

The fact is, UV light and natural sunlight have benefits that outweigh their risks (vitamin D production being most obvious) - though people should NOT go to the extreme where they burn or even redden their skin. It has been scientifically proven that using combinations of anti-oxidant creams/lotions/moisturizers (such as Vitamin E/C/K concoctions, green tea formulas, etc.) - all can prevent and inhibit the prevalence of free radicals in the skin, inherently preventing the cellular cause for aging, mutation, and cancer that the Sun and UV rays are blamed for. There have been numerous studies that back that notion. I could run a search and post some as examples, but I'd rather not do everyone's homework.
    good info ,bull, thanks...

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    I would say it's fate that decides if you ever get skin cancer along with being on it constantly year in year out.
    I go on about 3-4 times a week for 9 mins a time. I use a bronzing, hemp accelerator from Australian Gold. It really helps with the tanning process and moisturises the skin too. I also moisturise after ever tanning session.
    Fate huh...interesting notion.

Fate, never thought of it that way

Although i am at much higher risk using a sunbed, its just who will be the "unlucky" one. I know people who use the sunbed day in day out, year after year and they have never had any problems and then someone like the friend's guy above, seems to get skin cancer after only a brief apperance in the sun I am refering to 2 fair skinned people too. Lifes a bi*ch sometimes.

Although i am at much higher risk using a sunbed, its just who will be the "unlucky" one. I know people who use the sunbed day in day out, year after year and they have never had any problems and then someone like the friend's guy above, seems to get skin cancer after only a brief apperance in the sun I am refering to 2 fair skinned people too. Lifes a bi*ch sometimes.

sunbed basher

sunbed basher
    You still using the sunbed bro? You need to get yourself moisturised up

You still using the sunbed bro? You need to get yourself moisturised up

steady on bro i have never used the sun bed i'am half spanish

steady on bro i have never used the sun bed i'am half spanish
    really, well i never knew that! ce cinure d'oh

really, well i never knew that! ce cinure d'oh
    you what ?

you what ?
    my lame attempt at speaking spanish

my lame attempt at speaking spanish

you speek it better than me bro i ain't got a clue i'am still strugling with english

you speek it better than me bro i ain't got a clue i'am still strugling with english
    Well they do say english is the hardest language to master properly

Well they do say english is the hardest language to master properly
    That was my excuse in English class

alevok Guest
    I am a tanning saloon owner and I recommend you not to use sun beds more than 25 times a year. That should be the limit.
    Sunbeds dont cause skin cancer cause they dont have UVC which causes cancer, plus all machines are equipped with filter and give balanced UVA-UVB. There is not a single cancer incident caused by sunbeds so far but if you have skin cancer sunbeds and sun will spread it further....

beginnerneedhelp is offline New Member
    so are you saying that all tanning salon have their equipmement with UVA and UVB only ? What happen if they found tanning salon that use UVC on their neon ? Could someone explain to me what is UVA, UVB and UVC ?

Has anyone ever heard of emerald bay tanning accelerator ? I couldnt find black gold here in Toronto Anyone can help ?

alevok Guest
    First it is not neon light used in Sunbeds. Neon lights are typically found on Commercial Signs and have no tanning ability. Sunbeds give only UV-A and UV-B lights, it is usually 98%UV-A and 2% UV-B, the more UV-B (3% +)makes the bulbs stronger but can damage the fair skin.
    UV-A UV-B and UV-C are all found in sun rays but ozone layer absorb UV-C therefore we dont get skin cancer, but in some countries that is closer to polars (chili, australia) the ozon layer is thinner so skin cancer is more likely to occur in those countries...
    Sunbeds dont consist UV-C that causes skin cancer.....
    Emerald Bay is the economic line of California Tan, it is not bad but if u can afford go with California Tan.....

Avelok, i go 3 times a week and have done for the past 3 and a half months. As i am quite brown now i don't want to lose the tan. I feel i am "addicted" to going now. I now use a tingle bronzer lotion from Australian Gold and love the results so far

alevok Guest
    Avelok, i go 3 times a week and have done for the past 3 and a half months. As i am quite brown now i don't want to lose the tan. I feel i am "addicted" to going now. I now use a tingle bronzer lotion from Australian Gold and love the results so far
    how long is your tanning session? If it is 20 min then you are going there way too often.. To keep you tan 20min a week does the job....Make sure you use moisturizer after each tanning session...

Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    how long is your tanning session? If it is 20 min then you are going there way too often.. To keep you tan 20min a week does the job....Make sure you use moisturizer after each tanning session...
    I go for 9 minutes everytime. I couldn't possibly go on for 20 mintues... not even 12 minutes i think. Wether the beds here are different over here am not sure, but i can just about stand 9 minutes on the lie down "mega bed"

alevok Guest
    I go for 9 minutes everytime. I couldn't possibly go on for 20 mintues... not even 12 minutes i think. Wether the beds here are different over here am not sure, but i can just about stand 9 minutes on the lie down "mega bed"
    yes there are many sorts of sunbeds. You most likely using an American made sunbed which is operated under different electric power. I use sunbeds from 10.000watts to 17.000 watts. Depends on skin one can go between 10 to 30 min in my beds.....
    3 times 9min not too much..I though you were going 20min X 3 times a week

alevok....thanks for the information bro ! but guys.....so far no one is helping how can i get the australian gold or black gold ? can i order it online or something ? alevok.....when you say apply moisturizer after tanning, can i apply tanning accelerator that i use before tanning ?

okay this is about racoon eyes, this is suck lol....a friend at work noticed that i have racoon eyes. Its true. What am I supposed to do though to avoid racoon eyes ? Can you not using the goggle while tanning ? ( just by close your eyes only ) Is it true that the UV could go through your eyes even when they are closed ? any suggestion guys ??

alevok Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerneedhelp
    alevok....thanks for the information bro ! but guys.....so far no one is helping how can i get the australian gold or black gold ? can i order it online or something ? alevok.....when you say apply moisturizer after tanning, can i apply tanning accelerator that i use before tanning ?

okay this is about racoon eyes, this is suck lol....a friend at work noticed that i have racoon eyes. Its true. What am I supposed to do though to avoid racoon eyes ? Can you not using the goggle while tanning ? ( just by close your eyes only ) Is it true that the UV could go through your eyes even when they are closed ? any suggestion guys ??
    Bro use your accelerator before tanning and use your regular moisturizing (u can get it from any pharmacy) after tanning to keep your skin moist.....
    Your eye lid is not as protective as goggles but you can go with goggles on for first 5 min and for the rest 4 min you can take them off, avoid looking at the bulbs with naked eye. If you get bloody eyes or flashes wear goggles at all time...

I use goggles bro and i don't get racoon eyes. How big are they? I apply Australian Gold accelerator before tanning they i use a 24hr hemp seed moisturiser afterwards.

I use goggles bro and i don't get racoon eyes. How big are they? I apply Australian Gold accelerator before tanning they i use a 24hr hemp seed moisturiser afterwards.
    its not just racoon eyes but also there a tan line from the goggle's string. How big ? umm its really hard to say, basically your eye lids and the area that got covered with goggle.

GUYS ! lol where can i get that australian gold ? lol omg...why is it so hard to get information on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    Bro use your accelerator before tanning and use your regular moisturizing (u can get it from any pharmacy) after tanning to keep your skin moist.....
    Your eye lid is not as protective as goggles but you can go with goggles on for first 5 min and for the rest 4 min you can take them off, avoid looking at the bulbs with naked eye. If you get bloody eyes or flashes wear goggles at all time...
    what the hell is bloody eyes anyway ? damn....that sounded like a scary shit. what do you recommend then as a tanning salon owner ? is there any other way bro ?

alevok Guest
    what the hell is bloody eyes anyway ? damn....that sounded like a scary shit. what do you recommend then as a tanning salon owner ? is there any other way bro ?
    What I meant was red eye, an eye irritaion due to sharp light....

alevok Guest
    As I stated abow You can always take off your goggles for last 4-5 min unless you open your eyes and look at the bulbs...

OMG "Where can I get Australian Gold ? Is there any website that I can buy it online ? " <=====Is this sentence invisible to all of you guys ?? Seriously, I think I posted moe than 3 times, and not even one person responded to it. Not even one !!!! I think Im starting to believe that it could be invisible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information