Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JohnD23 is offline New Member

Tanning Standup or bed?

I just started going tanning last week and started with the beds. First time i went in a regular bed for 15 minutes, and it didnt really do anything. Yesterday i went again in the same bed for 20 minutes and every part that was touching the bottom of the bed is red now,(back, back of my arms, ass, back of my legs/calves) but everywhere else is only slightly darker. Is that just how beds are? Should i just use the stand up next time?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD23
    I just started going tanning last week and started with the beds. First time i went in a regular bed for 15 minutes, and it didnt really do anything. Yesterday i went again in the same bed for 20 minutes and every part that was touching the bottom of the bed is red now,(back, back of my arms, ass, back of my legs/calves) but everywhere else is only slightly darker. Is that just how beds are? Should i just use the stand up next time?
    Sounds like the place that you are going is really crappy. What would cause that is if they changed half of the bulbs on one side and not on the other. The older bulbs are less effective.

The stand ups give a little better coverage on your sides because u usually raise your arms as you tan.

Ok bro, tanning beds don't work from one day to the next. I've turned quite into a expert on tanning beds since I had a huge acne problem. Tanning is like any cycle. It takes time to start seeing results. Depending how your tolerance and skin is how much you should tan. I didn't see any kind of result when I first started til about the 6th tan. I would tan 20min on the regular bed about 2x a week just to get a base. Then when I really wanted to get dark I would hit it up EOD 20 minutes regular bed. It's very rare for me to do the stand up by it's good also. Just give it some time and develop a base first and you'll see how much better that will work for you. If you get too white on the sides then do 1 session of the stand up. That should take care of the problem. Hope this helps!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    funny i tannd every day and EOD for several monthes in a super bed 15min max w/ super tingle double bronzer .. i platued very quickly then i took like 2 weeks off started tanning like every 3rd day and now i getting darker then ever?!

I just took 2 weeks off also. I'm lazy but I'm going back for the black attack tan once again. I'm white as hell and when I get white as hell my back turns into a acne factory. Maybe the Nolvadex is giving you that extra "Tingle" that the lotion isn't.

LOL
    and BTW, stop following me you bastard!

JohnD23 is offline New Member
    I wasnt thinking i should walk out with a nice tan, i was wondering why every piece of my body that was touching the bottom of the bed is red while the top of my body isnt. Seems like what beenie said, how the bottom was stronger than the top. I just wasnt sure if this was normal being as while laying down you are closer to the bulbs whereas there is some space on the top.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i use stand ups, it also take s more than 2 times to get a base tan. i go every 3rd-4th day or so for 10min at a time

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I wasnt thinking i should walk out with a nice tan, i was wondering why every piece of my body that was touching the bottom of the bed is red while the top of my body isnt. Seems like what beenie said, how the bottom was stronger than the top. I just wasnt sure if this was normal being as while laying down you are closer to the bulbs whereas there is some space on the top.
    The way the beds are normally constructed there is a clear plastic layer on which you lay that keeps you eqodisstant from the the bulbs on both sides. That's why I suspect there was something funky with thier bulbs.

I am also wondering whether the place that I go is somehow different from where other members go. Because I have average skin and if I am in for much more than 10 minutes I would burn to a crisp. In fact the place won't even let ANYONE in for more than 11 minutes. I just went for the first time this year and I foolishly thought I could take 8 minutes-- burn city.

I have been to places where you need to tan for longer periods of time. This is usually an indication that they are not changing thier bulbs frequently enough I think - although the place I go now promotes itself as having some sort of superior technology - I doubt it.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Is it essential to wear googles when using a sunbed? Its just i use a stand up bed and the googles are designed only to rest on your face when using a lie down bed
    Also, i wear contact lenses, but just leave them in. I know your probably supposed to take them out, but i havent noticed any difference

I dunno, I never wear them. They always leave racoon eyes. **** THAT!

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    hey massacre you have a nice chest, what's your favorite chest exercise that got you that fullness in your center pecs and in general? I know this doesn't quite go with the topic but I wouldn't know how to ask you otherwise.. thanks

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glutamine77
    hey massacre you have a nice chest, what's your favorite chest exercise that got you that fullness in your center pecs and in general? I know this doesn't quite go with the topic but I wouldn't know how to ask you otherwise.. thanks

i hate standups, used it only twice and maybe the bulbs were the culprits, but I had less results than a bed. BTW, tan twice a week for about a month. Then cut it down to once a week and you will be dark as hell, worked for me and I'm a pale little fker

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I dunno, I never wear them. They always leave racoon eyes. **** THAT!
    That's a very dumb thing to do. Those rays will go right through your eye-lids, so you better start wearing them or your eyes are really going to look JUST LIKE your avatar.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That's a very dumb thing to do. Those rays will go right through your eye-lids, so you better start wearing them or your eyes are really going to look JUST LIKE your avatar.

~SC~
    oh dear I never wear the goggles and i wear contact lenses too. Do u wear goggles Swole? I use the sunbed about 3 times a week, have been for the past 2 months and my eyes are still ok, although, my vision has subsided a bit. ooops.

alevok Guest
    Because your back is closer to the bottom bulbs and your front is little far away from the upper bulbs. You can tan 10 min on your back and 10 min face down to balance your tanning. Stand up tanning devices give you more proportioned tan since your body is evenly away from all bulbs....

alevok Guest
    all bulbs in a machine are the same, bottom, sides, upper, shoulders ( if the machine has them) The difference in color comes from the gap between the bulbs and your back or your front.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Ok bro, tanning beds don't work from one day to the next. I've turned quite into a expert on tanning beds since I had a huge acne problem. Tanning is like any cycle. It takes time to start seeing results. Depending how your tolerance and skin is how much you should tan. I didn't see any kind of result when I first started til about the 6th tan. I would tan 20min on the regular bed about 2x a week just to get a base. Then when I really wanted to get dark I would hit it up EOD 20 minutes regular bed. It's very rare for me to do the stand up by it's good also. Just give it some time and develop a base first and you'll see how much better that will work for you. If you get too white on the sides then do 1 session of the stand up. That should take care of the problem. Hope this helps!
    agreed...

I just did the stand up just now...

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I just did the stand up just now...

OK ... AND?.....

And I felt like sharing just because I can.

On stand up beds i know they have the bars to hold on to at the top, but do you really need to hold them? Firstly my hands burn because the handles are so bloody hot and secondly, the ends of my fingers don't seem to be tanning as much as the rest of my hand
    Also as my arms are up in the air, the tops of my biceps don't seem to be tanning as much.
    They have a lie down "mega" sunbed which is body contoured to hit every spot so i might give that a go.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i burn my arse on the bed so i stand up all the time

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    i burn my arse on the bed so i stand up all the time
    Do you use tanning lotions before you go on? I burned my bum too so i went onto stand up beds, then they fry your hands! Now i am fairly brown and i don't burn anymore so i might go back to lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Do you use tanning lotions before you go on? I burned my bum too so i went onto stand up beds, then they fry your hands! Now i am fairly brown and i don't burn anymore so i might go back to lie down.
    no i never use tanning lotion just go on bare back

no i never use tanning lotion just go on bare back
    ewww. Non-moisturised skin doesn't tan as well IMO. You need to get all waxed up before you go on!
    I keep getting flash backs of you running to the bathroom in the apartment on holiday when your mates get back from their night out "arrgghhh"

ewww. Non-moisturised skin doesn't tan as well IMO. You need to get all waxed up before you go on!
    I keep getting flash backs of you running to the bathroom in the apartment on holiday when your mates get back from their night out "arrgghhh"
    sorry for putting that thought in your head bro not a pritty site

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    wuts wrong with the sun

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    wuts wrong with the sun

sun in england

sun in england
    well im in egypt i thot every1 had sun **** we have it 24/7 well almost

well im in egypt i thot every1 had sun **** we have it 24/7 well almost
    you lucky bastard it ain't to bad now it's the summer but you still carn't get a natural tan

every1 is tanned here 365 days a yr most ppl are tanned only arms and face cuz going to the pool is wrong wtf

I still achieve a tan 365 days a year. Its called sunbed overload You can't rely on the sun in the UK. As its out for 1 day a year!

I hate the sun guess im gonna move to the UK

I hate the sun guess im gonna move to the UK
    Good plan! You will be pleasantly suprised In the UK we have buildings, roads and cars kiddin bro

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I get bright white during the winter, my girl is black so the shit looks funny, so sometimes I tan, but the shit is no good for you.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Everyone says that, but being out in the sun is just as bad anymore. Either way, you've gotta die from something.

I use a stand up when time is limited since it's a 1- minute max where I go. One thing that I like about beds are that they will actually tan my legs whereas a stand up will not. Also for some reason, a small part of my lower back doesn't tan in a bed so the stand up will get that tan so every other day I am in a bed.

I use a stand up bed and find that the top of my arms round my biceps, tri's and shoulders aren't tanning as much as the rest of my body. My back and everywhere else is very brown. We have some new lie down "mega" sunbeds so i might try them out. They are contoured to tan ALL the body and not miss any spots.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I went and tanned and found that my shoulder on top and my throat ... more so under my chin is pretty fukin pale... and everywhere else is red.

The thing I dont like about the electric beach is that if I was outside my shoulders and forhead and cheeks get all nice and tanned .. of course it looks much more natural...but you can always tell when someone is fake baked cause under their eyebrows are tanned ... fukin angles screw it all up.

I need something to tan from the top down.. holy shit I just came up with an invention......

shit and I gave it away

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I use a stand up bed and find that the top of my arms round my biceps, tri's and shoulders aren't tanning as much as the rest of my body. My back and everywhere else is very brown. We have some new lie down "mega" sunbeds so i might try them out. They are contoured to tan ALL the body and not miss any spots.
    If it's a lay down bed that is like circular, you still might miss some spots just based on the way that your body is when it's laying down. I have a small spot on my back that doesn't tan at all in a bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information