Thread: Leg Injury

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Leg Injury

Well earlier this week when I did back/bis, when I was doing lat pull downs I somehow strained my right quad. I was sore the next day and had a lump, but no bruise. Anyway, 2 days later I did my leg workout and I must have agravated it because for the last 3 days now I've had severe pain around my right knee, half way up the quad. I can barely bend it to 90 degrees without pain, same goes for straightening out. I have no bruise, just a lump I can feel under the skin, and stretching is impossible. I've been icing it, and putting stop pain on it, resting (no cardio) and it is still just as sore today as it was 3 days ago. I'm starting to worry, anyone have a similar injury? I am limping around when I walk, it is that bad. If this continues another day or so I'm going to the doc

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Well earlier this week when I did back/bis, when I was doing lat pull downs I somehow strained my right quad. I was sore the next day and had a lump, but no bruise. Anyway, 2 days later I did my leg workout and I must have agravated it because for the last 3 days now I've had severe pain around my right knee, half way up the quad. I can barely bend it to 90 degrees without pain, same goes for straightening out. I have no bruise, just a lump I can feel under the skin, and stretching is impossible. I've been icing it, and putting stop pain on it, resting (no cardio) and it is still just as sore today as it was 3 days ago. I'm starting to worry, anyone have a similar injury? I am limping around when I walk, it is that bad. If this continues another day or so I'm going to the doc
    I've had many knee injuries but not like that. Usually I know what caused it. Lets take a look, you might have had a lot of weight so you were trying to stabalize your upper body by using your lower body. Might have just pulled a muscle. Healing process is brutal sometimes. I would have tried icing it for the initial couple of days then after about 3 putting heat on it to reduce the inflammation.

I'm just getting back in the gym now after I pulled my Trap. Heated it several time a day and was fine after 2 weeks. Seems a little long but is worth the wait if it mezans 100% recovery.

Best of Luck

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    What happened today with it? Did you say you went to the doc?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    What happened today with it? Did you say you went to the doc?

They sent me for an x-ray because my insurance requires I get one first before getting an MRI. So I still don't know anything, plus my doctor wasn't in the office today, so the other doctor who is in his office sent me, and no one has called me back. Meanwhile the pain is the same if not worse, and it feels like it goes from my knee to the middle of the inside of my quad. Still no bruising at all, a little swelling and a lump in one spot. I'm pretty worried about it, but for now I can't do anything. It sucks too because it is a long weekend, so I probably won't get any word until Tuesday

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    They sent me for an x-ray because my insurance requires I get one first before getting an MRI.

See that pisses me off really bad, especially since I went throught the same thing. So basically, you have to wait to better yourself b/c your Insuuuuuuuuuuurance has to follow procedure!?!?!!?!!?!? F*** that!! They tried doinng that to me when I injured my shoulder. I complained and complained until they sent me for an MRI. Which did in fact show damage.

Keep us updated, I want to know how this goes buddy.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    fcuk the xray, it will show nothing, basically just bone and you didn't fracture anything MRI is a must, that lump may be a slight muscle tear, i have read in studies that many times when muscles tear they ball up, but usually there is echemosis(black and blue marks )as well if it is serious. the mri will show whats going on, until the ice, and rest. keep me posted
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 09-04-2005 at 11:11 AM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Hate to hear that Lean...I know it's depressing as hell to get an injury like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    fcuk the xray, it will show nothing, basically just bone and you didn't fracture anything MRI is a must, that lump may be a slight muscle tear, i have read in studies that many times when muscles tear they ball up, but usually there is echemosis(black and blue marks )as well if it is serious. the mri will show whats going on, until the ice, and rest. keep me posted

You know, I am starting to think the same thing. I have a ball in my right quad, and the pain streches from the knee to that point. Same today as it was last week. My doctor wasn't in the office on Friday when I went to the x-ray, the other doctor there sent me because that is the first step for the insurance like I said above. It sucks, but atleast I can get the MRI on Tuesday when my doc sees what's going on. The only confusing part is I have no black and blue marks at all...

it may be only a minor tear, like a grade 2 or 3 and not a total tear or a grade 5.(that may explain y there is no bruising) the mri is the best diagnostic tool, after the results are read by a radiologist, you will know exactly what happened.

Well still no MRI, my doctor's office has me really pissed at the moment. I called yesterday mid day asking about my knee, and the receptionist told me the doctor hadn't looked @ my x-rays but they were negative. I was like NO SHIT LADY..... I was told this was the first step for my insurance etc etc. Well anyway, I never got a call back from the doc. So I called again today, and the doc is supposed to be calling me back shortly. I need an MRI, the pain in my knee is getting worse now and walking is becoming a challenge. I'm starting to think I have a slightly torn muscle.... not sure however

jesus, this ortho is a lazy mother f'cker, get on the ball!!!!you should have had your xray results the day after the study was done, and then had your mri schedueled,usualy there is a few day wait at most mri places,so chances are you probablywon't even get yout appointment until some time next wk.

Just got back from the doctor..... I have a mild muscle tear in the lower quadracep region..... basically my ligaments and joints are fine but I do have a slight muscle tear. So for now it's just ice 3x a day and ibuprofin, and lots of rest. I was told no legs for atleast 3 weeks

Just thought I'd give an update

at least it is mild, thats good! since it was slight tear, i guess that explains why there wasn't any bruising.

Thread Information