MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait

Tanning.... stopped?

I have been using the sunbed for the past 3 months with Australian Gold accelerators, bronzing, tingle, hemp, etc. I am quite brown now but for some reason its like i have stopped getting browner. I go 3 times a week for 9 mintues a time and have done ever since. Does this happen or am i being paranoid? For the past 2 months i used stand up beds but now i use the "mega" lie down ones which contain more powerful bulbs.
    Thanks everyone.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I think tanning beds you can only get so tan after that you need natural sunlight to get any tanner.

Thanks Shred. Anyone else?

Avelok, can you help out bro?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Go for a couple extra minutes next time and see what happens.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Hit the 15 min bro, dose it for me.. 9 mins ant $hit

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Hit the 15 min bro, dose it for me.. 9 mins ant $hit
    How do you manage that bro? I can just about manage 10 mins. Gets real hot and on the lie down ones my bum, calfs and back feel like there burning! there not, just from the heat on the glass.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    IF your salon has A bed with all UVA then that will make a difference. Be carefull cuz this one does not get hot and you can still get second degree burns if you stay too long. Also results with this take a day to show. That should break the plateau.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Sounds like you need to up your time or they need to replace the bulbs. When Im tanning serious in the laydowns....I end up doing up to 30 min. I tend to fall asleep because it relaxs me so much. I also move around. Sometimes on my stomach sometimes on my back....and I alternate with the stand up to get the places the laydown misses.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Thank you CB. I think your right. I upped my mins to 11. Just 2 more mins than usual. I didnt think it would have made much difference, but boy did it! Thanks everyone.
    What lotions do you use CB?

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Thank you CB. I think your right. I upped my mins to 11. Just 2 more mins than usual. I didnt think it would have made much difference, but boy did it! Thanks everyone.
    What lotions do you use CB?
    I use whatever has a good tingler that doesn't cost an arm and leg. I can't remember what I have right now but it's good stuff... I think it's called Attitude.!! which fits ME
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    How do you manage that bro? I can just about manage 10 mins. Gets real hot and on the lie down ones my bum, calfs and back feel like there burning! there not, just from the heat on the glass.
    i love it bring it on... lol

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    move away from the UK and get some REAL sunlight ...

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    move away from the UK and get some REAL sunlight ...

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I have been using the sunbed for the past 3 months with Australian Gold accelerators, bronzing, tingle, hemp, etc. I am quite brown now but for some reason its like i have stopped getting browner. I go 3 times a week for 9 mintues a time and have done ever since. Does this happen or am i being paranoid? For the past 2 months i used stand up beds but now i use the "mega" lie down ones which contain more powerful bulbs.
    Thanks everyone.
    Just like in body building, there are tanning plateaus. Up the minutes first, because 9 isnt anything. Then when you've plateaued up to like max time (30 or so) get a different lotion, there are different lotions specifically designed to break those plateaus

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    beds suck try booths....

DeadtoRights is offline New Member
    There right go alittle longer there are cool running acceloraters which i replyed to in another thread. Try platnium zero tingle 4 from Ja if you cant find it you can pm me. It has mint and aloe in it so the tingle isnt felt and it also keeps you extreamly cool. btw have you tried a high pressure systems they do wounders also.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    booths r the best...i tan but i also have had spray tans done..works well

I believe it was the bulbs in the beds. I reverted back to "standard" beds which only have 140w bulbs in and my tan faded like mad. I went on the re-bulbed beds which were replaced with 200w and 160w bulbs and now i look like i have spent 3 weeks in the Bahamas!!

Thread Information