LUKA is offline Junior Member

Question everyone

I dont know if this is a right part of this forum to post that topic here.. but lets try.
    What I want to ask You guys is...
    Tell me WHY You are working out... what is Your goal that You want to achieve by working out ( ex. be strong really strong, be very big and muscular or whatever the goal is ) And tell me why do You want to achieve that goal..how is it gonna help You and with what ? What are you doing it for ?

Thanks

- LUKA

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Strength is first on my list and I do it for personal satisfaction. I also look a hell of a lot better than mr skinny or flabster so the looks are another aspect of it.

Jerzey is offline Member
    (1) I feel so much better (mentally and physically);
    (2) strength and energy; and
    (3) I enjoy lifting, been doing it for years.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    because i have to. when i was making a living, working out hard was part of the deal. i always dreamed about retirement and not having to work so fvcking hard. truth is, now that my playing days are over, i work out twice as hard just to keep up with the younger crowd. i am on a nice break right now though. eating and drinkin and working out when it suits me. another couple of weeks and i'll be ready to hit it hard again. but to answer the question, i simply have to.

See fellas the reason Im asking is... because i had a good talk/argument with one of my buddies. Cuz he knows what my goals are..that I want to be big...and strong for same reasons..I want to look good, I want to be able to lift a lot.. just so I can feel better about myself, be satisfied. Well what he said is.. that everybody that works out to that point..takes supplements or steroids ... and that his goals are that high ( ex. 21 inch arms..hell of a work to get there ) he says that everyone doing it to that point is NOT normal. He said that only thing that he can understand is when someones working out a bit..and eats right to stay fit. But anything over that got something to do with Your past... the reason why people are like that. That this is not normal to be that BIG or STrong as some people are.One doing it... to satisfy himself is not happy with whatever he got now. That he cannot accept himself the way he is sometimes... I see what he is saying... but I cannot understand it... how can You say that ... working out so freaking hard..and wanting or beeing really muscular is BAD or not normal. Nobody forces me to workout.. It was my choice.. I really like doing it. And that I want to be big.. so what ? why is this NOT Normal.. just cuz u look different...or are stronger than the AVARAGE ? I dont get it...

Jerzey is offline Member
    The important part is that you do it for YOU.. whatever the reasons may be. I do it for me... I don't care what anyone else thinks!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Ur friend is just jealous prolly. To judge others on their hobbies let alone goals just screams jealousy to me. Or he just doesnt understand it. Like Arnold said in P.I. people think its crazy because they know nothing about it.

By the way, I do it because I want to improve my physique, be big and strong because I think it looks good. I have never felt better than how I am now, and each day is the best day because I improve myself. So even if im not normal I couldnt care less because i feel great.

-Bino

Nice post Bino.
    Thanks guys

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    I do it just to have a better sense of well being. I feel so much better when I am top shape. Strength is just a plus

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Ur friend is just jealous prolly. To judge others on their hobbies let alone goals just screams jealousy to me. Or he just doesnt understand it. Like Arnold said in P.I. people think its crazy because they know nothing about it.

By the way, I do it because I want to improve my physique, be big and strong because I think it looks good. I have never felt better than how I am now, and each day is the best day because I improve myself. So even if im not normal I couldnt care less because i feel great.

-Bino
    agreed.........add girls, and its me to a T,,

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    I do it because i am a track athlete who runs the dashes (60m, 100m, 200m) and long jump (which is my main event.) I lift to gain functional, explosive strength, mainly in my lower body (abs, lower back, and legs) and my shoulders and back. I try to keep most of my mass on my legs. If you looked at me youd think i was skinny but i have 26 inch legs (but 14.25 inch arms). I lift so that i can bounce down the runway and hopefully break 24 feet this year in the long jump and go sub 11.2/21.7 in the 100/200. Im not looking for mass as much as im looking for strength, but i will say that during the summer i try to gain more mass than i do during the season. i usually bulk up during the summer, actually, i ALWAYS try to bulk up during the summer because once the season starts its hard to add mass. what happens is i run off all the fat and some muscle untill i get down to a maintenance level where i have the same strength that i had at the end of the summer session, but maybe 5-10 lbs lighter. Thats ideal for my sport...and thats why i lift

Thread Information