IronFreakX is offline Banned

Tattoos and laser hair removal

so wuts up?? Can It be done on skin which is Inked???or not????

Who wants..cooooookies???

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Nope..... it will mess up your tat. Especially if they use the aurora or comet by syneron that actually has tattoo removal abilities

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Nope..... it will mess up your tat. Especially if they use the aurora or comet by syneron that actually has tattoo removal abilities
    So it will work 100%..but the tattoo will get messed up??..so all i have to do is do it again??? Or are there other cons??
    thnx

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    So it will work 100%..but the tattoo will get messed up??..so all i have to do is do it again??? Or are there other cons??
    thnx

It will work, however there could be complications as the laser targets color, so it might focus on the tattoo more than the hair folicles in that area. Most likely the hair removal will work but the tattoo will fade dramatically

It will work, however there could be complications as the laser targets color, so it might focus on the tattoo more than the hair folicles in that area. Most likely the hair removal will work but the tattoo will fade dramatically
    If you have time...Can you check with your Gf??? like if some1 had black , red tattoo 's and wanted to do laser hair removal? thnx

Sure thing, I'll give her a call in a few and I'll let ya know

Just spoke with her, she said most likely it will fade.

Just spoke with her, she said most likely it will fade.
    Kool..but itll work..as far Im concerned..???getting the tattoo redone aint a problem

Aurora® enables our Nurses to customize the treatment to exactly match your hair and skin color and type. As long as there is some color in your hair (even blond hair has enough color), then Aurora® will be effective.
    thnx

OK I just talked with her again and she had time to explain a bit more to me.....

She said if you have a tat in the area they will NOT be able to go over it. Because the laser targets color, it will hit the tattoo instead of the hair folicle. She said they had a patient who wanted them to try anyway and it burned her pretty good on her ankle and none of the hair was removed. She said it is extremely painful when removing a tattoo (which the laser can do) and that's what will happen if you try to do hair removal with a tat. Sorry bro, you might want to look into getting the tat removed before attempting it or you might be in for some pain w/ little result in that area.

OK I just talked with her again and she had time to explain a bit more to me.....

She said if you have a tat in the area they will NOT be able to go over it. Because the laser targets color, it will hit the tattoo instead of the hair folicle. She said they had a patient who wanted them to try anyway and it burned her pretty good on her ankle and none of the hair was removed. She said it is extremely painful when removing a tattoo (which the laser can do) and that's what will happen if you try to do hair removal with a tat. Sorry bro, you might want to look into getting the tat removed before attempting it or you might be in for some pain w/ little result in that area.
    DAAMN ...Last question

So a good approach would be to remove the tattoo 1st..then do it...and the results should be 100%?...with no scarring or nething??

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    DAAMN ...Last question

So a good approach would be to remove the tattoo 1st..then do it...and the results should be 100%?...with no scarring or nething??

Well I don't know how much you know about tattoo removal, but you will usually get a scar once you remove a tattoo. Especially if they do it with a laser....the only option with little scarring is to get a skin graph. And yes, once the tattoo is gone it should work perfectly fine.

Thread Information