anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    anybody familiar enough with accutane to give advice on whether or not its okay to take EOD? i have 40mg caps but want to take only 20mgs/day so was thinking of EOD. tried to look it up and read something by a ddoctor that it can be done sorta, just wasnt clear enough or tlak about it much..i would just do it at 40 mgs/day but i dont have enough caps to do it for 6 months like id like to. can also possibly go eod for 2 months then go 40mgs/day for 4 months after.

in need of help.!
    thanks
    Last edited by anaBROLIC; 09-07-2005 at 08:43 AM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Just run the 40mg caps ED to keep blood levels stable and do it for a shorter time period. The sides @ 40mg ED are not bad at all, and I'd rather be done with the treatment in a shorter time frame than to run it for 6 months as you won't be able to run liver toxic orals along with the tane. Eitherway, make sure you stay out of the sun, don't go to tanning beds, and stock up on lots of chapstick and lotion for your body and face.

Also, if you can, monitor your blood levels while on it. Is this being prescribed by a doctor or did you obtain these pills using other methods? Really you need to be under the supervision of a doctor and get blood work to be 100% safe.

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    # 1 rule with accutane is to STAY OUT of the sun or tanning beds as LMO said.. very very important

ok thanks for the replies. I have done my research and decided i am going to start doing 40mgs/day for the first 2 months. i will then continue going EOD for 4 more months.

i had read a bunch of articles from people who have used it either first time or multiple times and found this out. Most doctors give directions to take ED. they also give some directions to others to only take 3 times a week. like 120mgs per week. and some others were doing EOD as a maintance when acne reacurs after coming off of it.

my main concern was the question of stable blood levels. but since it is not clear that ED makes much of a difference. i chose to do 40mgs/wk for 2 months then 4 months EOD because from reading, in about 2 months your body is pretty much used to the accutane.

i have been on accutane before. when i was 17 i had very bad cystic/nodular acne. i was put on high dosage for a year. it cleared it up perfectly tho i still have scars. my acne now is not bad. i was pretty much completly clear for 3 years after. now for about the last year or 2 i get cystic acne occasionally on my chest, neck, back. luckily my face stays clear. this is why i think i should stay low dosage. that and for side effects. i did not adapt well to it the first time and went through all side effects possible. dry skin, lips, depression, anger, etc.

thanks for the help.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    It doesnt sound like you're going to run ED but you really should. Jsut like LEANMEOUT said, it WILL keep blood levels stable.
    You mentioned that you didnt have enough for 6 months ED. What about the recommended 5 months?? IMO, its definitely in your best interest to run it ED. Get it over with quicker and keep your BL stable.
    Once again, is it a script or other method?? The only reason I'm asking is b/c if its a script that its a mandatory every month blood check. If not then sometimes people slack and think their body is doing well when its not. It's probably not a script only b/c you said caps. When the doc prescribes it they usually do in its original liquid from that comes in gels (Roche). Or maybe you got the Generic (Isotretinoin) for insurance reasons.
    Either way let us know
    Last edited by SPIKE; 09-16-2005 at 11:46 AM.

jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member
    anywhere online you can buy this without going to the doctor. mine won't give it to me since i only break out from cycles.

its actually gels from roche 40 mgs each. i only wanted to do 20mgs day but only got 40mgs caps..thats why i was going eod

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    its actually gels from roche 40 mgs each. i only wanted to do 20mgs day but only got 40mgs caps..thats why i was going eod
    NICE!!!!!! The Roche gels are the best way to go.

Thread Information