livewire57 is offline Associate Member

Hair loss genetics

I am kind of paranoid about losing my hair (everyday in the shower i pull my hair back and see if my hairline is receding, I ask my friends, girlfriend, mom, boss, strangers, if my hair looks thin, etc) Everyone tells me I have nothing to worry about because my hair is thick as shit and people who are prone to baldness have thin or straight hair that hangs straight down, while mine just curls up when it's long, like a Jew-fro.

BUT what I am worried about is my dad is 53 with a full head of hair, but my mom's dad, when he was alive, was bald. His brothers had a decent head of hair but he was bald. Is that crap true, that it comes from your mom's dad? Sounds kinda dumb to me, I have thick hair and I don't see myself going bald so should I be worried? Does it happen to guys with thick hair too, but with bad genetics?

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire57
    I am kind of paranoid about losing my hair (everyday in the shower i pull my hair back and see if my hairline is receding, I ask my friends, girlfriend, mom, boss, strangers, if my hair looks thin, etc) Everyone tells me I have nothing to worry about because my hair is thick as shit and people who are prone to baldness have thin or straight hair that hangs straight down, while mine just curls up when it's long, like a Jew-fro.

BUT what I am worried about is my dad is 53 with a full head of hair, but my mom's dad, when he was alive, was bald. His brothers had a decent head of hair but he was bald. Is that crap true, that it comes from your mom's dad? Sounds kinda dumb to me, I have thick hair and I don't see myself going bald so should I be worried? Does it happen to guys with thick hair too, but with bad genetics?

Some doctorīs studies say it generally comes from your motherīs dad. They say it mostly comes from him, but then I am here to cut it out! I am an exception, because I am just like my father... I am 24 now, and I am becoming as bald as the floor. And my father is bald, and neither my grandpas are, and my motherīs brothers, my uncles are not.

Itīs really crazy, I donīt believe in any of these theories about baldness... I need my hair because I canīt shave my head up, I need my hair for my work...
    So I stopped cycling. I just workout now... And brush my hair softly, so they donīt fall!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Check out this site http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Im in the same boat as you bro, I'm 22 and my hairline started receeding at 18 it receeded slowly for a year or two and pretty much stopped. I wouldn't stress over it. I know how you feel and I know it sucks but worrying about it will only make more hair fall out. This is sometihng you gotta deal with, on the bright side a lot of peoples hairline receedes then just stops (like my dads) his receeded line is the same as it was 20+ years ago. I have thickish hair too and that doesn't gaurentee you shit

divinepwr is offline Junior Member
    Curly, straight, thick, or thin doesn't matter. The mom's dad thing is a theory, but I really wouldn't count on that either. If you are worried about it you should look into some hair care products that can help a lot. There isn't really anything that will definately grow hair but there are products that can really stop hair loss. Try Alterna's Life Restore System. There is a conditioner, shampoo, and a serum that you leave on over night. I have had many clients use it and swear by it.

Thread Information