anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

My Accutane Journal

well i think im going to keep a journal of what i see and experience from my accutane cycle. i had taken accutane 6 years ago with severe acne. recently starting to see more and more acne come back (more cystic acne on chest and back). rarely do i get acne on my face but my chest, back and neck seem to always be somewhat broken out. im going to be doing 40mgs first 2 months then 4 months at 20mgs for 6 month total.

i am now 18 days into it..

week 1- aug 29 started taking 40mgs week.
    didnt see much but lips starting to dry out. finding myself licking them alot

week 2- lips still dry, need some lotion on spots of my face.
    actually starting to see more acne than normal, including on my face.

will post back in a few days.
    anyones input, advice or questions are welcome..
    Last edited by anaBROLIC; 09-15-2005 at 11:27 PM.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Whatever you do stay on it!!! I didnt see complete results until my last couple of months. Best of Luck!!

completed week 3. not much in change of dryness on face. noticing my back and arms drying out. chest still breaking out, little on the neck, not much at all on the face.

feeling a bit depressed lately, not sure if its all from the accutane but just feeling like not doing much and not caring.

hoping to see better results very soon.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Took me about a month for it to really start working.

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    its unfortunate theres such a large stigma between using accutane and depression, im not doubting that its a side effect but Im a big believer in the placebo effect and i think with all the hype surrounding that it makes it a lot worse

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    yeah bro...the acne flairs up like a bitch....it means its working.

GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    bump

can you fill me in on your progress. I am on roche accutane 80mg a day and in my third week. I am drying up but I also feel like not caring about anything, eating, working out, less appetite etc. If you had bacne how long till you started seeing an improvement ? and does accutane heal the scars ? I have some acne that is scabbed and when it heals it leaves a red pit in my skin.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    i took it for about 6 months, it dired the shit out of me, if i didnt have my chapstick on me, n moistirizer at home i was in hell all day, but i havnt gotten NE acne on my back or chest since, n i get a zit on my shoulder or face once a month if that, shit workd awsome, so depression, n no diformed babies, id say it went well for me

alright well i just started my 4th month on 40mgs a day. i only have enough left to finish this month. i had originally said that i was oging to drop down to 20mgs for 2 months, this way giving me 5 months. well plans changed.

im not sure if the 40mgs wasnt enough but i still have acne on my chest. it isnt bad but there seems to always be some there. that is the down part of it.

my lips are chapped and i also need lotion on my face. the positive is that the acne i get normally is cystic acne. i usually get that on my chest and sometimes on my neck. so what i have noticed is that in this time i had not one breakout like that. all the acne im getting now is small pimples that seem to come and go quickly.

depression isnt really an issue for me. i dont know if having 2 jobs (full time, and bouncer on weekends) is keeping me from feeling the depression because i have time for nothing. but maybe. i havnt lost any motivation to workout either, i am back on creatine (no-xplode) which makes me feel pumped to be in the gym while im there. also i am planning a cycle come january so that is also keeping me into it.

as of right now id say im 80% happy with results. not that anything is bad but being that ive been on accutane when i was younger, i would like to be 100% clear at this point.(i know what wonders this drug can do).

so basically im going to buy 2 more months worth of the tane so that i can run it at 40mgs, for a complete 6 months. hopefully then i will be completly satisfied.

jonnykruger007 is offline New Member
    takes a couple of months but it works magic. once it is in your system you will never have to worry about acne again. also get used to carry chapstick with you everywhere, licking your lips dry them out more

Thread Information