The Return Of Hoss is offline Anabolic Member

Pulled groin--cure?

I havent been able to squat for three weeks now. The last two weeks I couldnt even squat the bar without feeling that excruciating pain on my right side. Tonight, I could squat the bar no problem WOOO HOO! lol So at least i know i'm getting some what better. I proceeded to put on 135 and warm up on front squats...i go down, no problem, on the way up OUCH! I'm guessing itll be another two weeks before I can squat and go all out on legs again which sucks--but does anyone know any other quick ways to speed up the healing process?

Right now i've just been taking tylonel and icing the area now and then, stretching, and doing a few slow controlled reps on the adductor machine to strengthen the area.

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of Hoss
    but does anyone know any other quick ways to speed up the healing process?

Groin pulls take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. So stop trying to squat, suck it up and rest. Or it's going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    Groin pulls take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. So stop trying to squat, suck it up and rest. Or it's going to get worse.
    thanks, i had no idea how long it would take to recover from it. its been almost four weeks, should be better soon I hope...time off sucks ass though! But its better than permenantly being fucked up

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When I had my leg injury I laid off for weeks on end untill I the internal brusing went away and when I fianlly did come back to squats, I was lifting "real light" weights.

The first pic was a later in the week. The second pic was the second week and the thrid pic was the 3rd week. It started as a purple dot on my inner thigh and then grew in size and wrapped around toward the back of my hamm string as the weeks progressed.

Untill all internal brusng was gone I didnt even do a single day of legs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pulled groin--cure?-22.jpg   Pulled groin--cure?-55.jpg   Pulled groin--cure?-33.jpg  
    abstrack@protonmail.com

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    When I had my leg injury I laid off for weeks on end untill I the internal brusing went away and when I fianlly did come back to squats, I was lifting "real light" weights.

The first pic was a later in the week. The second pic was the second week and the thrid pic was the 3rd week. It started as a purple dot on my inner thigh and then grew in size and wrapped around toward the back of my hamm string as the weeks progressed.

Untill all internal brusng was gone I didnt even do a single day of legs.
    HOly shit..did you get hit by a car? Thats a big fukin bruise bro..ouch

Jesus bro......thats awful..Thats not a groin injury is it--because maybe i've got something else. Mine is on my right thigh near the top, close to the inside near the hip, but right below it...no bruising so I didnt tear anything but it just fucking HURTS when I attempted training. Any other time it doesnt bother me.

CharlieHustle is offline New Member

Groin pull

You can wrap the groin and it can releive discomfort. I know guys that play football all year with a bad groin pull or hammy pull by just getting it wrapped. If its bad go for athletic therapy and they could get you back in like 1/3rd of the time

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    HOly shit..did you get hit by a car? Thats a big fukin bruise bro..ouch
    Dont know what happened that day. I did my regular warm up and when I went heavy I felt a nice pop when I was bottoming out. After I was done with that set I continue for a few more but with less weight and the day after I was in pain.

I just do longer warm ups now and hope that it doesnt happen again.

You should have seen the bruise in full bloom when it wrapped to the back of my hamstring. Funny thing it wasnt sore to the touch at all. I could press on it and feel no pain what so ever.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Dont know what happened that day. I did my regular warm up and when I went heavy I felt a nice pop when I was bottoming out. After I was done with that set I continue for a few more but with less weight and the day after I was in pain.

I just do longer warm ups now and hope that it doesnt happen again.

You should have seen the bruise in full bloom when it wrapped to the back of my hamstring. Funny thing it wasnt sore to the touch at all. I could press on it and feel no pain what so ever.
    You tore a ligament, usually dont feel it....The RUPTURE is where its at--omfg I cant even imagine having a ruptured groin

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    rest and thats it, there are no magic cures for these things they take time. stop trying to rehab the leg already, wait,no adductor work unless youare using no weight and just doing the motion. trust me take it easy,wait it out.

chest6 is offline Banned
    groin and hip flexor pulls suck ass..time off bro..and lots of it

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    groin and hip flexor pulls suck ass..time off bro..and lots of it
    yeah, it really sucks ass....6-8 weeks...2-3 more and im good to go

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    when you comeback, start LIGHT,this is an injury that is easy to aggrevate

Thread Information