mitch911 is offline Member

best acne/pimple cream

hey guys never really had problems with acne...just started breaking out with a blotch on my cheak thinking it will go away been like 2-4 weeks still there...whats the best cream or ointment i can get at like shoppers drugmart for this stuff that u guys know works well

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Shower using Dawn Dish Soap

It really helps alot.

zOaib is offline VET
    or use the liquid anti-bacterial soap they use for face wash and handwash in labs , commercial grade ................. works very very nice and effectively

dish soap ..really ..this stuff leaves my hands all dry and grainy sure it be cool for my face?

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    dude when i was younger i had acne and when i used proactiv it completley cleared my face.i have to thank proactiv for alot of puss y that i got in highschool.sorry for the offensive word but its 100% true.i still use it when i occasionaly break out.works great

cool and i can grab this at any drugstore ? how much ?

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    proactiv is great but you have to stay strict to the process! get some dawn dishwashing soap! wash it! it will dry your face out and kill those nasty bacterias and crap! then smother the nasty area with 10% benzoil peroxide solution you can find that at any local store for like 5 bucks! should be gone within days! if that!

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    dude get the most powerful cream on the market its called Retin-A...u need a prescription. It works.

go online and u can buy proactiv

I'm not a fan of proactive, but 3:4 people I talk to say it works. The other 25% would be me which it doesn't work for. Use dawn dishsoap all over your body and I use cetaphil face wash on my face because the dawn drys the FUK out of your face. Then put some lotion on your face or whenever a bodypart gets dry. Zapzyt works good if you apply it at night before bed. If all else fails....

ACCUTANE PILLS

ppl that say proactive dosent work i garuntee dont use it rite,it is a three step process.but it dosent dry your skin out and dose work pretty quick and once you use it for a little while you weill stop breaking out copletely even if you stop using it

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Don't overdry your face trust me, your sebbacous glands will go into overdrive and pump more sebum to "lubricate" your face and itll make your break out more, trust me on this oe

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Don't overdry your face trust me, your sebbacous glands will go into overdrive and pump more sebum to "lubricate" your face and itll make your break out more, trust me on this oe
    This is very true. That's why you should put lotion on if your skin gets dry.

Your body reacts to the opposite. Just like if it's hot, it'll actually store fat and not shed fat. If you're cold, you're body will warm up and try to use fat for energy to keep warm, and vice versa. Same thing goes for zits, too dry skin will cause more oil production.

I'm not saying that this is the only reason for pimples, but it's a good 15%-25% of it.

so wash face with dawn dish soap and then right after apply with cream ...ive been washin my face 3 -4 times daily with dawn for the past 2 days no cream tho noticed my face is extremly dry ..il add in the cream tonite

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    pro-active didnt do well for me. Everyones Diff. obviously. I needed to go Acu-tane for mine to vanish. Pro-active just needs to lay off getting all the celebs to say they use it. So cheesy.

Impitious is offline Junior Member
    I still break out now with pimples once and a while and I'm 20.

The best thing to do is keep washing your face. I have prescription creams that I put on when I feel a pimple forming. One is called Tazorac and the other is Cleosin [sp?]

I was tempted to try either Acutane or Proactive but I'm scared to death of having another outbreak like I did when I went on the anti-biotics he put me on.

Did anyone flare up really bad when they first started their treatment?

Teriyaki is offline Junior Member
    I tried proavtive too..didn't work for me, plus it kind of expensive. then went to walmart and bought some Clean&Clear Persa-Gel10..its like 5$, and it seemed to work for me. I put it on after washing my face in the morning and nights. I've heard that its not good to wash your face too much...like 4 times a day...becasue you dry out you face too much. I had the same problem because my acne was pretty bad so i always wanted to wash my face..i thought it was helping but it actually got worse. Then i went to the 2 a day cleansing and its all cleared up.

Good luck bro..

I was mine in the morning in the shower, then once at work, then when I get home from the gym and then when I go to sleep.

I use Cetaphil which is a very gentle skin cleaner.

This is the only time in years where I've had no pimples on my face.

Teriyaki is offline Junior Member
    Eveyone is different though

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Proative helps me big time,,although I hate there customer service and there shipping sux. They refuse to do bussiness with me cause I disputed some charges, so i just buy it at a local store, cheaper anyway.

my dermatologist just gave me this water based gel (so it wont really make your face too irritated if you have sensitive skin) called "Duac" topical gel. Works amazingly...very expensive though..

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Noxzema Blackhead clearing scrub
    Nutrogena Bar soap
    and leave on Clean & Clear Spot treatment

1bmf is offline Junior Member
    I used Proactive for awhile, not bad but I haven't found anything that works as good as Clearisil Ultra. The shit is like $10 for a small little tube of the cream, but put a thin layer on your face in the morning and then when you are not going to go out anymore put a thick layer over the affected area.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    yeah, any type of benzol peroxide cream will work. I go to the dollar store and buy the cheap off off off off off off off off off off brand. as long as it has the main ngrediant, it should be good to go. And proactive sucks ass. it made my face all oily and shitty. I hated it cus it looked like i had a coat of oil rubbed on my face all day! then i just use bar soap and the benzol peroxide cream. only cream at night. this stuff will dry out your face some so be careful with it.

The benzol peroxide is way too strong for me to put on my face.

I have a large prescription bottle that I use when my shoulders break out. I seriously cannot believe how fast the shit gets rid of pimples when I put it on.

Thread Information