powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

success with Nair?

Nair seemed to really irriate my skin, left some hairs, and is no different than shaving, I thought the hair would actually fall out. Anybody else had success with it? What are some other options for hair removal? (mainly arms and possibly face).

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    hey man, i use nair for men, you can buy it at CVS or some Walmarts and pretty much any pharmacy. you roll it on. let it sit for four mins, wipe off with a damp rag... and i love the stuff, use it once a week. and i have no complaints. I use it for chest, back, arms. then ill just shave a lil in the shower every morning to keep it lookin smooth. for facial hair there is a facial waxing kit made by like sally hansen or one of those companys that makes all those female waxing kits.. how bout your bikini line?? hahah
    not alot of other options for your facial hair that i know of.. just the good ole razor man... well hope this helped
    oh and i dont know if you did this or not, but dont wash the skin your nairing before or for like 30 mins after your nairing, may help with the irritatio, just use the damp rag and some cold running water.
    Last edited by Dukkit; 11-15-2005 at 09:24 AM.

Is there anything that makes the hair fallout or are these products merely substitutes for shaving?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    nothing that i know of that would make the actual root folicule fall out. nair and all those, pretty much just melt it off at the skin level. something that my roomate tried is sugar waxing its pretty much like regular waxing, cept they (the waxer) will spread this sugar mix thing all over the body part (roomates back in this case) and then they peel it off.. it lasts longer then waxing, first time hurts a little, then the next times it hurts less and less. he swears by it, only thing is that not alot of salons and spas are carrying it yet.

Thanks bro, I guess I will just keep shaving. I will talk to my dermatologist next time I go too.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Is there anything that makes the hair fallout or are these products merely substitutes for shaving?
    Marry the wrong woman! That'll make your hair fallout bro!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    When i shave my chest i get razor burn so i use nair for men, what i do is use my hair buzzer first, then slap on nair n wait like 15 mins, i doesnt get it perfectly to the skin but its good enuff for me, n painless

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Marry the wrong woman! That'll make your hair fallout bro!
    LOL - good point...

that nair for men is good stuff - and the roll on is great. stuff stinks and might burn - but after 5 mins i hop in the shower and luffa the crap right off and the bottom of the tub looks like chewbaca was just in there. luckily i have my own bathroom or my wife would kill me....i use it once a month. actually i use it maybe once in the winter unless we are going away on vacation but in the spring and summer i use it more. and i hope that u have never used it on your face - i hope i read that wrong before.

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    Nair is great.. hair is off for a week.. and grows in second week.. and by the third week u need to nair it again. I used to wax back chest n arms... and had to wax like 4/5th week. Waxing hurts like a bitch... but big boyz dont cry or scream, just deal with it.

Nair takes like 30 mins at max (getting it on ur back is a bitch) and waxing takes two hours. DONT put nair on ur nipples... or try it to expreience the joy lol.

vze4fhpv is offline New Member
    I never had any luck with the stuff, went on, sat for 5-10 minutes and came right off, hair stayed... maybe it responds differently for everyone...

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    it work okay for me if i leave it on for like 8 minutes, but it does produce some minor irritation, and starts growing again after a couple days.

and also if i did it all the time i swear i'd go through a bottle week.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I have this chick who nair's my back, it works, but the razor burn, or irratation or whatever it is, is unimaginable so for a week my back looks horrid

beavertrap is offline Associate Member
    Nair tears me up bad. I notice it worse when I am juicing because my pores are larger and I think the crap gets in them. Some people just don't tolerate it. I will say this....I never had irritation with nair till I started juicing.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Nair for men works good. I accidently left it on my nipples, and it made them SO sensitive. They were always itchy. So shave around them, and nair the rest. I need to do it every week and a half to two weeks.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    stay away from the wax unless you get it done by a pro, i once had a traumatic experience with that crap as i ripped the canvas off and the wax stayed on my skin and i screamed like a little girl than couldnt figure out how to get the crap off my skin so i jumped in the shower with some gasoline like an idiot and the wax melted off but my nipples almost did do, i had painful scabs on them for a couple of weeks, now everytime i see hairwax i get this funny feeling in my nipples.

^^ Sorry to hear. That must not have been fun.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    lol you got pwnd by the wax!

Ilovepussy is offline Banned
    This place is really cool

BOBBY D is offline Member
    I use nair on my chest, but being the ginny italian that i am, i have to leave it on for 8 mins. rather than 4 mins. & it still doesn't fully remove the hair. but everybodies different (hairy wise). the stuff does help but hit or miss. my next step this spring is professional waxing..

Best way to find out if it works for you, is to try it. If it doesn't work out... ohwell, the hair will grow back.

Thread Information