Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

lifter girl, lets talk about some lab work

sent myslef for some lab work, been feeling funky. last 4 weeks high protein no carb diet, i am used to eating like this, nothing new.

lab values, elevated
    triglycerides-186
    chloride-110
    bun-36
    creanine1.7

decreased total bilirubin 0.1

taking no supplements havent taken anything in months, also i never drink alot of water on a daliy basis, more diet coke. my mom got a hold of the results, she is a nurse and is all concerned nd wants me to see a nephroloigist, i think this is drastic, what r ur thoughts?

bump , anyone?

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    sorry for the delay..... what were you BUN and Cr on last visit?
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

chloride and TG's are ok....upper level of most labs for Cl is around 108; and as long as Tg's are less than 200, i dont freak out about it.
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    sorry for the delay..... what were you BUN and Cr on last visit?
    first visit in years, i have nothing to compare it too.

chloride and TG's are ok....upper level of most labs for Cl is around 108; and as long as Tg's are less than 200, i dont freak out about it.
    so you don't think its time 4 me to get my kidney's fully evaluated? im going to live?

most normals are Cr <1.2; and BUN <30; i would bet that the high protein diet has something to do with it. i'm doing a bit of searching for info on it. Did they do a urine test; any protein in your urine? You said you were feeling funky....??? elaborate....

and yes....you're gonna live

most normals are Cr <1.2; and BUN <30; i would bet that the high protein diet has something to do with it. i'm doing a bit of searching for info on it. Did they do a urine test; any protein in your urine? You said you were feeling funky....??? elaborate....
    UA was suposed to be done, i haven't been able to get away form work. my funky feeling has been just lethargic, and weaker while lifting,

and yes....you're gonna live
    hahahaha!!thanks!

Thread Information