chest6 is offline Banned

Took 3 weeks off..did chest today

I did 245 6 times..then I dropped it on my chest My muscular endurance is horrible..I couldnt incline dumbell 70s haha. However..I didn't feel a thing in my chest (knock on wood Ive said that before..) Will my strength come back up to where it was, even though Im cutting and am in a caloric deficit?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sure it will!!! give it time work your way back up slow, i had a horible shoulder injury a few years back and i had to start back up just using a 135 for multiple sets instead of woking sets with 365, its a blow to your ego, but you will be back in about 2 months, just don't push it, try a little more every wk, stay away from heavy triples and singles. i know you like westside, this is the time to not do westside or at least your chesr. try some old fashioned percentages and periodization

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yea..I just did some bodybuilding stuff. I did all sets at 8 reps..until my crappy endurance from being off so long kicked in and I could barely get 225 twice..this was after the 245 6 times, I thought I could get it 8 or so like I did the first set, but nope only 2

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I did 245 6 times..then I dropped it on my chest My muscular endurance is horrible..I couldnt incline dumbell 70s haha. However..I didn't feel a thing in my chest (knock on wood Ive said that before..) Will my strength come back up to where it was, even though Im cutting and am in a caloric deficit?
    you might be a bit weaker due to cutting though! Depending on carb deficit etc.. If you find the fine line of balance you won't lose too much strength!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im about to tweak my diet up again and up the carbs and down the fats..I only have 50g carbs on nonworkout days..and 100g fat..I think im gonna flip-flop them

hey i powerlift year around taking in only about 50g of carbs a day and i am fine. still make gains

chest6 is offline Banned
    I must be doing something wrong..

no your just getting back into it, it takes time, be patient. i have squated 540 raw in a contest at 181 drug free, i took a few wks off do to personal problems, and when i got back to the gym 275 for 5's was rough! it took me time but i worked my way back up. "slow and steady wins the race" said the tortise to the hare.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Haha yup. Yesterday my second session back I got 295 3. It came back pretty quickly..hopefully I'll get a lil more back and get my 315 for reps back. I would be impressed since Ive dropped 33lbs

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you are back on the road to pushing the weights again..

I have the same problem even taking a week or two off squats itis like I am starting over.

Good job dude!!

Oldman

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    hey i powerlift year around taking in only about 50g of carbs a day and i am fine. still make gains
    WHAT? are u serious? hows your brain feel? Why so little bro?.. Try upping it and tell me if u feel different

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    WHAT? are u serious? hows your brain feel? Why so little bro?.. Try upping it and tell me if u feel different
    yup...when Im running on 45g and less it seems I get bad headaches and I just feel crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    trying to maintain a low wieight class, i do better with carbs but i can function on low amounts when needed to. trust me i don't enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup...when Im running on 45g and less it seems I get bad headaches and I just feel crappy.
    after your body gets used to it , no more headaches

Thread Information