Thread: tanning

roger24 is offline Banned

Exclamation tanning

do most of you guys tan after your done lifting. my gym has some tanning beds at the gym. so yesturday i got done lifting, went in to tan, and when i came out, i ran into one of my co-workers and she asked me why i was tanning, i said because it makes you look better, then she said, but your a guy. the next day at work she had apparently told some of the other co-workers and they wouldent shut up about it. why is it that people think this way.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    do most of you guys tan after your done lifting. my gym has some tanning beds at the gym. so yesturday i got done lifting, went in to tan, and when i came out, i ran into one of my co-workers and she asked me why i was tanning, i said because it makes you look better, then she said, but your a guy. the next day at work she had apparently told some of the other co-workers and they wouldent shut up about it. why is it that people think this way.

Ohh dude if you let that bother you then you will never be happy in life. People hate all the time, plus everyone has different views on what we do. To each is own, do what makes you happy, F*** all of them. I dont really tan b/c I was born pretty dark. But I"m sure if I was pale I'd tan occasionally.

Then you have the people that smoke 2-3 packs a day and will tell you that tanning is bad. I HATE people like that!!!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Fuck 'em, if they want to look pasty and unhealthy then they can crack on!

Bigstiffler is offline Associate Member
    bro i work in a tanning salon.. you would not believe the amount of guys that go tanning from ages of 13-80! i worked there because i figured really popular tanning salon in the area going to meet lots of hot girls! well i do that but then there is some days where more guys come in than girls on my shifts! so dont listen to what other ppl say every1 does it besides look @ urself in the mirror when u get dark your muscles all look better

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    The tanning salon is one of the best places to pick up women. I've done it several times. Even had sex in one with a chick that worked there.

SixLifts is offline Junior Member
    Guys that dont bodybuild dont understand the addvantages to taning.

THEjuiceISloose73 is offline Associate Member
    i agree **** what they think tons of guys tan. a long time ago i hid tanning from people now i dont ****ing care i was young and stupid i actully will tell people if they ask what i did that day. ill be like went to gym tanned went to work and if there like u tan. i just tell them ya i tan it makes me look better and is nice and relaxing. close ur eyes for 15 minutes almost like ur in a sauna and just think about nothing i love it. **** what other people say especially if jsut cause u take care of urself and they make fun of u. i would jsut be like ya i tan what do u do sit on ur ass all day.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    man why are you tanning after you work out, you should be eating!!!!!!!!!! i prefer to tan before working out, gets me all nice and relaxed and shit.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    i tan before so my sweat doesnt get baked onto my skin. but yeah forget them! we all know the benefits of a good tan, and how it makes you look way better. they wont have nothing to say when they see you with your shirt off and your looking all cut and defined while they look like elmers white glue!

It doesn't just make you look better but also feel better, doctors now recognise S.A.D. Seasonal Affected Disorder which basically means you feel like shit in the winter through lack of sunshine, not just because sunny weather makes you happy but also your body needs it, I honestly believe that tanning counters this.
    I might just be kidding myself and it might just be the look better = feel better thing, either way if the end result is feeling happy then it's all good IMO.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    It doesn't just make you look better but also feel better, doctors now recognise S.A.D. Seasonal Affected Disorder which basically means you feel like shit in the winter through lack of sunshine, not just because sunny weather makes you happy but also your body needs it, I honestly believe that tanning counters this.
    I might just be kidding myself and it might just be the look better = feel better thing, either way if the end result is feeling happy then it's all good IMO.
    No, this is definitely true. They actually sell small desktop lamps for people with the condition.
    Tell your co-workers to kiss MY ass. If they like looking like pasty, white bread, doughboys that's their problem. I wouldn't even acknowledge them. I'm 35 and I still go tanning a couple days a week.

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    now am doing tan eod looool like sust i always feel much better after tanning am going 2 tan tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever
    now am doing tan eod looool like sust i always feel much better after tanning am going 2 tan tomorrow morning
    Sweet Jesus - that's some back ya got there bro, nice work!

simster1 is offline Associate Member
    I try to combine spray tan and regular tanning its better for your skin dont want to look like im 40 when im 30

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    I tan to help acne scarring. Plus I just look better when im not pale.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    i usually get me a nice big protein shake and take it right in there with me. its a fact, the darker you are, the more definition shows. don't worry about what people think.

bigtraps is offline Member
    I started tanning when i was 15 still In high school - am now 28.

Don't sweat it bro. Besides, what kind of person would make fun of someone for such things? For taking care of youself - wanting to look your best.

eport is offline Associate Member
    I agree i am pretty dark i am italian so i have an olive color to me but still tan here and there. you need to go back and ask why is tanning just a woman thing and see how your co-worker responds. and just to let you know people are usually scared of what they know nothing about

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    the people that talk a bunch of bs about tanning are the ones that walk around the beach with their shirts on all day...

chest6 is offline Banned
    damn well I need to start tanning Im pale as hell. Expensive tho

nyny2916 is offline Associate Member
    is tanning really as bad for ur skin as everyone makes it out to be??????

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstiffler
    bro i work in a tanning salon.. you would not believe the amount of guys that go tanning from ages of 13-80! i worked there because i figured really popular tanning salon in the area going to meet lots of hot girls! well i do that but then there is some days where more guys come in than girls on my shifts! so dont listen to what other ppl say every1 does it besides look @ urself in the mirror when u get dark your muscles all look better

Welcome to heaven, if your young too, omg! I get so much it's almost unreal, hell I don't even look good and just in "decent" shape It's like a big buffet full of top quality. I own a body jewelry store too (sorry had to brag a little) and the belly and nose rings (wow)they wear.

Thread Information